Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2014, 09:14 PM
Fire Giant

If CCP is ever going to bring Dusties out into Null it needs to start in that system on a planet just littered with titan wrecks. That would be so freaking epic.

Millburn Pennybags - Blue
Palmer Eldritch - Teal
Old 01-28-2014, 11:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millburn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And yet you're here telling us how much you "don't care"

Go on...
I was actually going to add how odd it is that something that's so important to players of a particular game means nothing whatsoever to those who don't, like this is a big deal to EVE players and fans but means absolutely nothing to everyone else. The fact that it's being mentioned on news sites sort of throws that off though. It's still meaningless to just about everyone but it's gaining attention, however small, outside the game's community and even the greater gaming community at large.

It's still meaningless pixels with no real world value and you aren't going to hear about it on broadcast TV or cable news. It's not that big of a deal.
Old 01-29-2014, 12:05 AM
Fire Giant

Why can't you just enjoy something Sparkles? If you're gonna be jaded and cynical just do it in silence please.

Palmer Eldritch - Teal
Old 01-29-2014, 12:21 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSparkle001 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was actually going to add how odd it is that something that's so important to players of a particular game means nothing whatsoever to those who don't, like this is a big deal to EVE players and fans but means absolutely nothing to everyone else. The fact that it's being mentioned on news sites sort of throws that off though. It's still meaningless to just about everyone but it's gaining attention, however small, outside the game's community and even the greater gaming community at large.
You arrive at the obvious about as gracefully as a drunk staggering and weaving his way down the street to the next bar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSparkle001 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's still meaningless pixels with no real world value
A claim that's invalidated by the fact there's both sanctioned and illegal RMT in EVE.
Old 01-29-2014, 09:07 PM
Kobold

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-29-2014, 09:09 PM
Kobold

http://community.eveonline.com/news/...ath-of-b-r5rb/

here is CCP's official writeup of the event. this is one of their publicity things, so if you are unfamiliar with eve and curious about it, it'd probably make for a good read to explain wtf
Old 01-29-2014, 10:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technique [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A claim that's invalidated by the fact there's both sanctioned and illegal RMT in EVE.
Diablo 2 had a lot of RMT too, and Diablo 3 had sanctioned RMT.

And it's not exactly obvious to people. There's people treating this like it's a big deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millburn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why can't you just enjoy something Sparkles? If you're gonna be jaded and cynical just do it in silence please.
I enjoy ESO, occasional DAOC, Mount and Blade: Warband, a few other games. I don't like EVE. I don't care what happens in EVE, and honestly I don't care what happens in any game. It's a game, it's supposed to be meaningless time-wasting fun. Treat them as such please.
Last edited by MrSparkle001; 01-29-2014 at 10:38 PM..
Old 01-30-2014, 01:03 AM
Kobold

I post this not as shit talking, but rather as an update to the news that is unfolding after the events that lead to this post being created. Also for people who are interested in knowing more about eve and the politics / what goes into it. No offense intended, MrSparkle001.

http://themittani.com/news/nulli-sec...cuate-immensea

tl;dr one of the alliances involved is moving further away from the region the CFC are assaulting, but continuing to fight. They will be for awhile yet, but admit being weakened heavily by the outcome and need time to recover.

cfc response to the fight (nsfw probably)
http://b27.img-up.net/CFCSupersfe23e.gif

cfc is moving in, and will start endless siegefleets in a few days. Also supers / caps are coming too! Should be lots of good fights.

Also, sorry about the siegefleets, they're bout to get really annoying.

edit: siegefleets are a really dumb fleet comp that involves shooting structures in cloaky ships. Structure shooting is basically how wars are fought, and we use a method that involves minimal cost and risk while being capable of inflicting the most pain possible in a widespread area. It works well.
Last edited by yevea; 01-30-2014 at 01:14 AM..
Old 01-30-2014, 01:35 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
It's a game, it's supposed to be meaningless time-wasting fun. Treat them as such please.
Straight up, go fuck yourself.

I'm just gonna throw you on ignore. All I've ever seen you do is just post to shit on something or be a buzz kill.

Palmer Eldritch - Teal
Last edited by Millburn; 01-30-2014 at 01:46 AM..
Old 01-30-2014, 04:25 PM
Sarnak

awesome stuff. I quit eve about a year ago, kinda makes me want to start back up
Closed Thread