Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 02-28-2014, 02:22 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millburn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's been back up for about a year now, you get access to it with a regular Asherons Call sub.
For real? I'll have to check it out. I had given up waiting for it to surface again.
Old 02-28-2014, 02:26 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For real? I'll have to check it out. I had given up waiting for it to surface again.
Yeah it was a pretty amazing headline to wake up to when they announced it. Nobody saw it coming and it was really out of left field. Man come to think of it, Turbine have been bro's for a while now. Good on them.

Millburn Pennybags - Blue
Palmer Eldritch - Teal
Old 02-28-2014, 01:43 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormlord [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
EDIT: I see they're not technically releasing their SOURCE CODE, they just plan on allowing players to run private/public Asherons Call servers. And none of this is DONE yet, just planned.
While they don't intend on releasing the source, they claim if all goes well they will consider releasing the tools they use to create content. That's pretty awesome.
Old 03-02-2014, 03:51 PM
Developer

Send a message via AIM to Aeolwind Send a message via MSN to Aeolwind Send a message via Yahoo to Aeolwind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millburn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah it was a pretty amazing headline to wake up to when they announced it. Nobody saw it coming and it was really out of left field. Man come to think of it, Turbine have been bro's for a while now. Good on them.
Turbine is a trainwreck of failure and stupidity. The damn D&D IP they have is being tanked horribly. Subs are on a serious decline. HUGE layoffs on all projects, GM support staff has been cut. Dev staff shot to hell. AC put in maintenance mode. Yeah, not good on them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilbog
If all the polls I have done up until now fully counted, you would be playing on some abomination of a PVP server with 2-10 boxing based on votes from people named xcm234nv and adfa234.
Old 03-03-2014, 12:12 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeolwind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Turbine is a trainwreck of failure and stupidity. The damn D&D IP they have is being tanked horribly. Subs are on a serious decline. HUGE layoffs on all projects, GM support staff has been cut. Dev staff shot to hell. AC put in maintenance mode. Yeah, not good on them.
naw

Millburn Pennybags - Blue
Palmer Eldritch - Teal
Old 03-04-2014, 01:39 PM
Aviak

PP GSA and GSC top farm go! Long live Blood