Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 12-05-2015, 07:48 AM
Fire Giant

Default Why do most if you exist (serious, not a diss)

Edit: Fucking phone keys, ballsed up title, good start.

So I've always wondered why there are so many “pointless" medium size guilds.

I can understand that for some people any guild that has an actual attendance requirement might be a problem. And I can understand why a big guild might not want 100's of memebers forming queues for raid drops.

On live there was a lot of gimmicky guilds, rp guilds , iksar only, etc etc. And those are fun and novel.

But on a server that has about 1000 players at a time I don't see why we don't have like 10 guilds of 100. (Couple of no lifers, awesome guilds like taken, and a few hopefulls nipping at the heels of the top five.

Then you'd have a couple of timezone based guilds like Europa (cool peeps) , and maybe an rp guild or w/ever.

I don't see the point of all these medium size generic guilds that can't aqquire pixels, if they merged they could be successfull third tier guilds.

I don't get the “guild of friends thing" just all join the same guild and its cool. Plus you'd then make some new friends too!

I often wonder if it's just an ego thing, everyone wants to be a guild leader...

Anywayaybe I'm totally misunderstanding , just seems like we a bloated with with vague medium guilds with no identity.

Thoughts?
Old 12-05-2015, 09:07 AM
Planar Protector

To some people, the game's not about pixels. Identity is only important to yourself.
Old 12-05-2015, 09:10 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobius [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't see the point of all these medium size generic guilds that can't aqquire pixels, if they merged they could be successfull third tier guilds.

I don't get the “guild of friends thing" just all join the same guild and its cool. Plus you'd then make some new friends too!
Because for some people, P99 is not about pixels, it is about being in a guild of friends. The fact that you are asking this question shows that you are not one of these people. If you disagree with this statement then you are also showing you have no ability to look at things from others' perspectives, and are showing why people like me don't want to join large "successful" guilds.
Old 12-05-2015, 10:22 AM
Planar Protector

Apparently edits his post in RNF. OP a confirmed fruitcake.
Old 12-05-2015, 03:39 PM
Banned

Because being in a guild of 100 "nipping" at the heals of 500 people looting all the pixels, HAVING to raid every night to even do that, for nothing.. Leaving 400 other people completely out of the equation.. Do you see how stupid that idea is?

Those 500 just play and do what they feel like.

Do tever forget, competing on blue is stupid.
Old 12-05-2015, 03:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by iruinedyourday [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Because being in a guild of 100 "nipping" at the heals of 500 people looting all the pixels, HAVING to raid every night to even do that, for nothing.. Leaving 400 other people completely out of the equation.. Do you see how stupid that idea is?

Those 500 just play and do what they feel like.

Dont ever forget, competing on blue is stupid.
Old 12-05-2015, 03:40 PM
Banned

Whops. Well im a narsacist. Look at that great funny quote. Yea.
Old 12-05-2015, 03:41 PM
Banned

OP is fat, confirmed by large number of typos
Old 12-05-2015, 03:56 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by indiscriminate_hater [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
OP is fat, confirmed by large number of typos
Actually I'm more of the malnurished too stupid/lazy/sad to feed him self properly kind of nerd, rather than the fat kind.

Or maybe it's just cause I'm not american. IDK.

Spelling was caused by being dysrpaxic, typing on a phone while lying in bed.
Old 12-05-2015, 03:58 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Apparently edits his post in RNF. OP a confirmed fruitcake.
I thought the spelling mistake in the title warranted acknowledgement.
Closed Thread