Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2018, 02:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not at all a "high end" player, so I've been here longer than 3 years and still don't have a single "best in slot" item. I'm not really in a rush though: I don't want a game that ends after 3 months, so I enjoy getting a single (not BIS) upgrade every other month or so.

And sorry if I over-reacted, but when you wrote:

Well first off, I thought "Vulak ring" was Luclin content (just because I haven't seen that term used here), which made it sound like you'd killed every raid mob in Kunark AND Velious, AND most of the ones in Luclin, in 3 months. Putting my confusion aside, I can't even get to level 60 in three months, and certainly not without triple-boxing, and even if I somehow managed to I certainly wouldn't have time to raid every target in Kunark and Velious, so what you described sounded very "loot pinata"-ish.

But I didn't mean to make it sound like there's anything wrong with playing through the game quickly. If you want to play on a server with a /levelmeto 60 command and you enjoy "beating" it in a couple months, then great. But personally I've been looking for a viable alternative to P99 that has Luclin, PoP, etc. content ... but (like P99) still is the EverQuest I remember.

I want TAKP to be awesome and I want it to be that server. But their triple-boxing policy means it will never be that server, and if you can all but beat the game in three months that's not EverQuest. So maybe I get a little frustrated by hearing about a server that's so close to awesome but doesn't see anything wrong with everyone on the server triple-boxing and speed-playing through the whole game in 3 months ... but if I'm not allowed to get frustrated about such stuff here in the P99 forum, where can I?
Lor, you *can* beat the game in any server in a short time if you really want to. You could have done that here. If you played on TAKP you wouldn't beat the game in 3 months, because that's not how you, or I, play. You seem to think that the server will control how you play, but in fact it's just the opposite.
Last edited by fadetree; 05-22-2018 at 02:44 PM..
Old 05-22-2018, 02:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadetree [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lor, you *can* beat the game in any server in a short time if you really want to. You could have done that here. If you played on TAKP you wouldn't beat the game in 3 months, because that's not how you, or I, play.
Well sure, but what I meant was ... Savok even said he played here for almost eight years. That's not a "speed racer" player, that's a normal player. And there was nothing to suggest he quit his job, divorced his wife, and put his kids up for adoption when he started playing TakP either [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

So it sounded like he was a normal player here, then was a normal player there, but over there the leveling rate/loot drop rate was so much higher that he had all but beaten the game in three months. That's all I was talking about.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 05-22-2018 at 02:49 PM..
Old 05-22-2018, 03:13 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not at all a "high end" player, so I've been here longer than 3 years and still don't have a single "best in slot" item. I'm not really in a rush though: I don't want a game that ends after 3 months, so I enjoy getting a single (not BIS) upgrade every other month or so.
Respawn timers on TAKP are very similar to P99, so nobody is getting BIS in all slots there. (or maybe just a few) I dunno where you're getting that from.

I hit level 50 on project 1999 in a couple weeks, then when Kunark opened, I hit 60 in about three more weeks. Level 55 in 3 months isn't unusual. Don't assume his entire guild is all 3 month old players, either.

TAKP guilds rotate raid content, so new guilds can get access to them without much trouble.

Quote:
Well first off, I thought "Vulak ring" was Luclin content
TAKP isn't a progression server in the sense that P99 is. We're making a PoP era server and releasing one expac at a time without spending time recreating old content that's temporary. (e.g. no old level 20-40 Temple of Cazic Thule, no manastones etc) We do however disable a few drops/quests for awhile to prevent trivialization of content because it's very quick/easy to do.
Old 05-22-2018, 03:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torven [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Respawn timers on TAKP are very similar to P99, so nobody is getting BIS in all slots there. (or maybe just a few) I dunno where you're getting that from.
Umm, have you even been following this thread? It was pretty clear that I got it from:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savok [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
TAKP gives me that. After 3 months of casual play I already have better gear and have killed every raid mob in the game except the Vulak ring.
Now I realize that killing every raid mob in the game does not mean you've gotten every item you might possibly want, and I never said he'd beaten the game in 3 months ... but he certainly got pretty damn close pretty damn fast, and at that rate it should only take another few months to get BIS (remember, that first 3 months included leveling time, it wasn't even all raiding).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torven [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I hit level 50 on project 1999 in a couple weeks
Right, you're a speed player (although P99 was so different back then you might have a different experience today). But while he didn't say how long it took him to get to 50, Savok said that he played here for almost 8 years. No one gets to 50 in a couple weeks, then repeats that pace for almost 8 years.

So (again, not sure why I have to keep repeating this) I saw a guy who at least seemed to be a normal player, then they go to TakP and in THREE MONTHS they both level up and kill almost every raid mob in the game! (And then originally I mistakenly thought "every raid mob" included all the Luclin ones too, but I've since been corrected.)

Now do you see where my perception came from?

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 05-22-2018 at 03:48 PM..
Old 05-22-2018, 03:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Well sure, but what I meant was ... Savok even said he played here for almost eight years. That's not a "speed racer" player, that's a normal player. And there was nothing to suggest he quit his job, divorced his wife, and put his kids up for adoption when he started playing TakP either [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

So it sounded like he was a normal player here, then was a normal player there, but over there the leveling rate/loot drop rate was so much higher that he had all but beaten the game in three months. That's all I was talking about.
Yeah I get it, I don't really know what that part is about I guess, my experience has been anything but that. I haven't even killed a single raid mob yet, unless you count Gkrean the priest guy in Kael. Like I said, I'm not particularly interested in raiding.
But really, Lor, for someone who says they aren't against TAKP, you seem to show up pretty fast and raise issues. Like someone said before me in thread, why not just stop paying attention? It's clear you're not interested....right? I feel like you are just grasping at stuff trying to poke holes in the TAKP idea. Oh, max lev in 3 months? Awesome gear? Server must be a loot pinata! Go try it, for heavens sakes. At least that way you'll have first hand experience.
Last edited by fadetree; 05-22-2018 at 03:50 PM..
Old 05-22-2018, 03:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadetree [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah I get it, I don't really know what that part is about I guess, my experience has been anything but that. I haven't even killed a single raid mob yet, unless you count Gkrean the priest guy in Kael. Like I said, I'm not particularly interested in raiding.
But really, Lor, for someone who says they aren't against TAKP, you seem to show up pretty fast and raise issues. Like someone said before me in thread, why not just stop paying attention? It's clear you're not interested....right? I feel like you are just grasping at stuff trying to poke holes in the TAKP idea.
Why not post about TakP in TakP forums instead of P99 forums? Or why not post here, once, to announce the server, and then only again when something major happens like when Luclin is released?

If people are going to come to Off Topic and crow about their server more often than that then great, but when I respond back and say it's inferior to P99, in a P99 forum, I'm not going to apologize for it. But again, I have nothing against TakP or P2002 specifically.

I just have general issues with boxing servers because they're bad emulators, in the sense that playing on them is not like playing EQ on live was (I can all but guarantee half the live server population or more was not boxing, or at least not up through PoP). And I also have issues with servers that let you "win the game" at super speeds: based solely on that one post I keep quoting it sounded like that included TakP.

Quote:
Oh, max lev in 3 months? Awesome gear? Server must be a loot pinata!
Yes, if you can easily get to max level with BIS gear on any EQ server in under half a year (while having a job and a life) then I do consider that server a loot pinata and not real EverQuest. Where do you draw the "pinata" line: is it only a pinata server if you can get BIS in two months? Three? Wherever you draw it, it can't be that far from my six months.

Last edited by loramin; 05-22-2018 at 04:04 PM..
Old 05-22-2018, 04:06 PM
Planar Protector

That's what I did, once. There's a total of two TAKP threads here, both full of your commentary. That's fine, I just wonder why you're so interested.
The forum is 'off-topic' so I'll post things about whatever in here, P99 or TAKP related or not. I've been very careful to be respectful of P99. I just don't get why you seem unable to let it go. We know your opinion. I like TAKP a lot, and I plan to stay there for the long run.

Anyway, I'm now going to take my own advice. Peace.
Old 05-22-2018, 04:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
We know your opinion.
We know your opinion too, and yet that hasn't stopped either of us from continuing to post [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Please note however that I don't just drop into any thread and start hating on TakP (or any server). I come here, to the P99 forum, and I read the posts people write here. In this case a poster here killed every raid mob but one AND leveled up to raid level in only three months (and they did not seem like an "EQ is everything I do in life" kind of player). Had that post never appeared I never would have chimed in to this thread ... but it sounded nuts to me so I chose to comment on it.

Again, I make no apologies for commenting on something another server does worse than P99 in a P99 forum, and most certainly not when I'm simply replying to a post crowing about that server (in a P99 forum).

Last edited by loramin; 05-22-2018 at 04:18 PM..
Old 05-22-2018, 04:19 PM
Banned

loramin you'd have a nice time in neph hit me up this weekend for help starting out
Old 05-22-2018, 04:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonkie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
loramin you'd have a nice time in neph hit me up this weekend for help starting out
neph?

Closed Thread