Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 07-31-2019, 09:34 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Lvl 60 killing mobs we are xping / camping for key

My friends and I are lvl 36, just in range for ToFS, tonight we finally got a chance to camp the key for the second floor. The last couple nights other folks have been in there, and because we are respectful players, we left it to them. After clearing the first floor several times over almost 2 hours, Fuol <Azure Guard> lvl 60 Shaman shows up and starts killing everything. Didn't ask us what we are doing, just kept killing. We had been doing a good job on both XP and clearing, hoping the mob would spawn. Not sure if petitionable, but I know of one guild I won't waste my time on if I want to do end game content. Screw Azure Guard, screw Fuol. Just another player that ruins the game.
Old 07-31-2019, 09:44 PM
Planar Protector

Wow. That is so horrible. Sounds like a truly terrible experience. Did you manage to ever find mobs again? Or was this the end of your experience gain for your life. I hope you can find experience again. Good luck!
Old 07-31-2019, 09:47 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Oh ok, so every time a level 60 shows up, players who are in range for a zone should leave so that person can get what they want? Cool story.
Old 07-31-2019, 09:58 PM
Kobold

Sounds like no communication was involved...Did you send him a tell?
Old 07-31-2019, 10:16 PM
Kobold

And then he left shortly after and left you to your business?
Old 07-31-2019, 10:17 PM
Sarnak

a rant AND a flame nice
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by reevesz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sounds like no communication was involved...Did you send him a tell?
Probably not, but I'm sure OP was BROODING:

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Really though, a shitty thing to do in TOFS when you're locked into a floor and somebody comes along and starts sniping mobs. In my opinion, it should be on the person entering the floor to initiate conversation and ask what the people that are already there are up to.
Kobold

if you were clearing the floor, how was he able to clear everything?

and no one says you have to leave, but just cause you arent 60 doesnt give you exclusive rights where the 60 cant kill mobs you arent even holding down. tofs is small you cant take a whole floor, especially if you arent killing the whole floor.

also, did you try talking? or did you just prefer whining to strangers.
Old 07-31-2019, 10:41 PM
Decaying Skeleton

So first of all, yes, communication was involved. Also, if you've never killed multiple mobs and had some up before you get to them, I am not sure how familiar you are with eq's and spawns. We were clearing the floor, we had the halls broke counter clockwise from ent and were camping next to the lesser ice shade spawns. Some mobs would be up for a moment before we got to them, then once our spawn cycle was messed up from someone else running down every wing and grabbing whatever and killing it, it made it worse. I am glad everyone assumes one has no valid reason to complain because every tiny detail wasn't exhaustively explained.

In any case I will also say this, after multiple tells (where we engaged him), he did finally check with his guild and found out he should yield to us. So huge props to him (and I mean that seriously) for realizing it and apologizing. Honestly if he just asked us about taking part of the spawn, not running back and forth grabbing whatever without a CC or anything, we totally would have.
Old 07-31-2019, 10:49 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Hi,
I went to ToFS to get a Rune Etched Wedding Band because I couldn't find it in EC for days.
I read on the wiki that I had to clear mobs to get the Undead Gnoll to spawn so I could move up, so I started doing that. A group got mad at me because I was significantly slowing their exping. Which made me think, come on you can't claim the whole floor, I'm just going to get my key and get out of your hair. The person who was sending me a tell (their ench, can't remember the name) was pretty polite about it, just really disappointed that I was ruining their night.
After a few spawns I still hadn't gotten my key and moved on, so I asked my guild (Azure Guard) what the deal was. It turns out it takes a LONG time to get that key, and that it's conventional for a group to have the whole floor while they get keyed up. I apologized (I think, if not I'm sorry), buffed the group and went back to tunnelquesting for it.
Incidentally, I got a seller as soon as I got back to EC.

tldr version:
- I thought I was gonna be onto the second floor in 5 minutes, so I thought they were in the wrong for being a barrier just to nab a couple extra kills.
- My guild clued me in, I realized I was misunderstanding and their disappointment was understandable.
- I moved on and wished everyone well.

Sorry if this is significantly less dramatic than people were hoping for.

<3
Closed Thread