Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2016, 03:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDawg816 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
He went with necro by the way. I saw him in WC.
Good choice for a new player. But was he an iksar?
Old 11-09-2016, 03:57 PM
Fire Giant

Indeed.
Old 11-10-2016, 04:21 AM
Large Rat

Hey everyone thanks for the suggestions! It was a toss between Cleric or Necro, ultimately when Necro because leveling speed is kind of important to me, and I felt like if I couldn't find a group for an hour or 2 as a Cleric it would just be dead / wasted time. Where as on a Necro if I can't find a group, I can also solo just fine.

I read the Necro wiki, specifically the guide by Sesserdrix which basically teaches a noob like me how to be a good a Necro. I went with Iksar after finding out about the synergy between Iksar regen and the Lich line of spells. Also I figured if I was a race that was hated practically every where in the game, it would allow me to kill guards for gold while leveling, without the worry of ruining any important faction for me. I figure if I can solo level off guards that drop 5-10p per kill, then I could realistically gear myself up while leveling with some of the basic stuff needed for Necros like HP/Mana jewelery etc. Where as if I was a Cleric, I have no idea how I'd get $$$ while leveling for upgrades, as well as new spells.

I just got lvl 14 earlier and went back to buy my level 12 spells, which are all like 5p already, so I can only buy specific spells that I absolutely need for leveling. I imagine the prices for spells are only going to get even more crazy. So the whole guards killing idea was a pretty big deciding factor in choosing Necro over Cleric.

I appreciate all the suggestions and responses though. Hope to see some of you in-game!
Old 11-10-2016, 04:23 AM
Large Rat

Hey everyone thanks for the suggestions! It was a toss between Cleric or Necro, ultimately went Necro because leveling speed is kind of important to me, and I felt like if I couldn't find a group for an hour or 2 as a Cleric it would just be dead / wasted time. Where as on a Necro if I can't find a group, I can also solo just fine.

I read the Necro wiki, specifically the guide by Sesserdrix which basically teaches a noob like me how to be a good a Necro. I went with Iksar after finding out about the synergy between Iksar regen and the Lich line of spells. Also I figured if I was a race that was hated practically every where in the game, it would allow me to kill guards for gold while leveling, without the worry of ruining any important faction for me. I figure if I can solo level off guards that drop 5-10p per kill, then I could realistically gear myself up while leveling with some of the basic stuff needed for Necros like HP/Mana jewelery etc. Where as if I was a Cleric, I have no idea how I'd get $$$ while leveling for upgrades, as well as new spells.

I just got lvl 14 earlier and went back to buy my level 12 spells, which are all like 5p already, so I can only buy specific spells that I absolutely need for leveling. I imagine the prices for spells are only going to get even more crazy. So the whole guards killing idea was a pretty big deciding factor in choosing Necro over Cleric.

I appreciate all the suggestions and responses though. Hope to see some of you in-game!
Old 11-10-2016, 06:54 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Hey guys, don't mean to hijack this thread or anything but I had a couple questions about Bards since so many people have suggested it.

I'm also a new player to the server although I don't have any higher level friends, I found out about it randomly when searching for WoW private servers. I've spent the last couple hours setting the game up and reading through the forums and have finally decided that I think I am going to go with a Bard for my first character.

I like the idea of "swarm leveling" and being able to level by myself completely naked, which is what I'll be when I make my character haha. But also the fact that at it's core it is a strong group class, so once I've gotten to higher levels I hope I'll be welcomed into groups as well.

My question is, when I create my Bard does the race or stats matter very much? I've read that Dex is for making your songs successful, so should I dump all my points into that? Wood looks like the coolest to me, but is there a reason to go a different race instead?

Again sorry for the thread hijack, and thanks!
Old 11-12-2016, 02:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entee [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey guys, don't mean to hijack this thread or anything but I had a couple questions about Bards since so many people have suggested it.

I'm also a new player to the server although I don't have any higher level friends, I found out about it randomly when searching for WoW private servers. I've spent the last couple hours setting the game up and reading through the forums and have finally decided that I think I am going to go with a Bard for my first character.

I like the idea of "swarm leveling" and being able to level by myself completely naked, which is what I'll be when I make my character haha. But also the fact that at it's core it is a strong group class, so once I've gotten to higher levels I hope I'll be welcomed into groups as well.

My question is, when I create my Bard does the race or stats matter very much? I've read that Dex is for making your songs successful, so should I dump all my points into that? Wood looks like the coolest to me, but is there a reason to go a different race instead?

Again sorry for the thread hijack, and thanks!

Race for bard doesnt matter much. Some bards think dex is king, some think cha is king, some think it's all about that HP end game so sta is king. The main thing to do well with your bard if you plan on swarming is practicing how to do that well to avoid deaths. I'd watch some youtube videos on it and just practice near zone lines incase you need to bail.

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Old 11-12-2016, 03:01 PM
Fire Giant

Roll necromancer don't need any gear to kick ass

Zekay 60 Torpor Shaman - <Guild>
Old 11-12-2016, 03:22 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entee [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bards are uniquely awesome. If you swarm to level, you might have problems grouping higher up. They are vastly different techniques and to be good at one way is hard enough, much less both (especially if you've never done the other way.) Swarming is faster, but if you do go this route I'd recommend grouping as often as possible
Old 11-12-2016, 06:33 PM
Planar Protector

Bard kiting tutorial from your pals over on P99 red server >> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBDPkpVPneE
Old 11-12-2016, 07:18 PM
Planar Protector

http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...7&postcount=17

Just going to leave this plat making guide here....
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Closed Thread