Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2020, 03:45 PM
Aviak

Go to a thrift store and buy an EQ monitor.
Old 02-22-2020, 11:02 AM
Fire Giant

Default "velious UI is in enforcement client will now close"

I keep getting this message when trying to log into green for the first time... "velious UI is in enforcement client will now close"

how do i change the UI that is in "enforcement" to whatever UI is used for green?

Do i need to create a whole new folder for green?
Old 03-05-2020, 02:13 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aich [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was offering the default be something like this vs the black people are complaining about.[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What are they complaining about now?? /Oogle eyes
Old 03-05-2020, 04:18 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uton [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I keep getting this message when trying to log into green for the first time... "velious UI is in enforcement client will now close"

how do i change the UI that is in "enforcement" to whatever UI is used for green?

Do i need to create a whole new folder for green?
Bump... anyone have info?
Old 03-05-2020, 04:30 PM
Planar Protector

Hmm iirc green has a folder inside of it that cant be altered from the patch files? Im not sure I can't remember.
Old 03-15-2020, 06:21 PM
Large Rat

Is this the right place for a /Bug report? If so...

This has already been reported on Blue, but I'm reporting it on Green, as it's still happening.

Quest is "Scarab Armor Quests" in Kaladim. You should be able to get 3 x unique (and horrible) pieces. I got the boots. Turned in the items/money for the Boots, they vanished, I got nothing. What can I do about this?

May not seem a lot of money (17g and some items) but I've only just started, so it's a lot to me [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-16-2020, 01:55 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golur [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is this the right place for a /Bug report? If so...

This has already been reported on Blue, but I'm reporting it on Green, as it's still happening.

Quest is "Scarab Armor Quests" in Kaladim. You should be able to get 3 x unique (and horrible) pieces. I got the boots. Turned in the items/money for the Boots, they vanished, I got nothing. What can I do about this?

May not seem a lot of money (17g and some items) but I've only just started, so it's a lot to me [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Try this section:

https://www.project1999.com/forums/f...splay.php?f=25

You can petition a GM for reimbursement but as far as the bug this thread is just for UI updates and feedback.

GL!
Old 03-16-2020, 04:46 AM
Large Rat

Once again, thanks for a very swift and useful response - it''s so nice to be part of a forum where the contributors and Mods know what they are doing - and do it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-19-2020, 11:02 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

When i first heard about green/teal. was really looking forward mostly to the UI..

Now they spring this Velious design on us.. no one cares that SOME of it was accessible by rubbing a genie bottle three times back in 1999.. No one ever did.. no one.

So if it was classic that was the goal, shots fired, none injured.

What was NOT classic, was a lockdown of the UI.
There are more than a handful of people that have already created a classic ui, I have no clue why this was not implemented.

We all get it though.. this whole thing is ran by volunteers. so I mean no disrespect when i say this.
Everyone wanted classic and sacrificed a lot of time put into blue, to come to teal/green to obtain velious.
I would suggest either unlocking the UI. Or allowing outside help on the classic ui.

Sorry if this sounds douchy.. but it kinda matches the UI all of us have to look at (or squint)

EDIT:: LOL reading what i wrote, doesn't sound too pleasant. So.. sorry?
There may be some elements at play here that i do not understand or know about. So if that's the case, and it's humanly impossible to return the UI to what we all want, Then i apologize.
Last edited by roj; 03-19-2020 at 11:31 AM..
Old 03-19-2020, 03:11 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by roj [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There are more than a handful of people that have already created a classic ui, I have no clue why this was not implemented.
I was actually messing with a classic ui last night trying to get something to work, and while I couldn't get the skin working on green (You guys REALLY have that on lockdown) I was able to get something that works for how I want to play EQ, even if it's a bit ugly.

I'm using https://www.eqinterface.com/download...fo.php?id=4726 this skin, and before someone jumps in saying "That's not the original UI!", I'm aware it's not, but it was as close as I was gonna get. The skin itself didn't work, but the ui_character_server.ini that was bundled with it did. The result was this:

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

It's ugly, it's 1024 x 768, but it's better than having my chat covering the game and ruining the first person experience the game was designed for.
Closed Thread