Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2020, 09:13 AM
Planar Protector

Prices on the new server(s) do seem out of whack, higher in many cases higher than not only on most original servers but also usually higher than the same items were on Blue during the 2009/early 2010 period. Rate of items entering the game also seems low. I suspect the problems could be linked; a higher-than-usual proportion of players might be leveling off cash/plat camps rather than item camps, leading to a somewhat inflated but item-poor economy relative to what might be more usual on a two to three month old setting. This might be Blue's influence being felt since leveling off cash camps was (and is) heavily preferred since the majority of low-level and old-world items were typically obsolescent and unwanted on that server.

Danth
Old 01-15-2020, 10:32 AM
Planar Protector

/shrug

I haven't had many issues buying or selling on EC. Granted, it's more during the primetime hours that I've been there, but I've usually been in and out pretty quickly.

At any rate, if you're looking for the type of EC tunnel scene that Blue has (i.e. constantly swamped with people and items and pp flying everywhere every 2 minutes), that takes awhile to get together on a fresh server. Not really a surprise that we're not at that level yet on a fresh server.
Old 01-15-2020, 10:41 AM
Sarnak

More items will hit the market when sol ro temple is implemented.

It’s classic, gear pretty much doesn’t mean anything anyway.

Lots of people do not understand supply and demand and do get butt hurt when someone try’s so charge whatever it is they want for an item. It’s economics, eqnomics even.
Old 01-15-2020, 11:15 AM
Banned

Wait until saturday to sell your stuff.
Old 01-15-2020, 11:26 AM
Sarnak

I'm more interested in playing than sitting in the tunnel selling items to people.
Old 01-15-2020, 11:58 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tethler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I play off-peak hours on Teal and EC is basically nonexistant. 10 minutes will pass with 1 person auctioning their same thing once every 3-4 minutes and 20 AFKs just standing there. I mean, its like 4am or 5am pacific time, but still...

Off-peak Jewelcrafter here. I haven't been in the tunnel for a while because I'm racing to 46 before Fear comes out.

I can imagine others doing the same.
Old 01-15-2020, 12:17 PM
Kobold

The server is new fellas. It will be awhile before it gets to some semblance of the ec tunnel you know from Blue. Blue started this way as well.
Old 01-15-2020, 01:25 PM
Banned

Dear OP,

Have you tried getting good?

Sincerely,
Someone who doesn't have trouble selling items in a 20 year old game
Old 01-15-2020, 01:50 PM
Sarnak

Try UberEC??
Old 01-15-2020, 02:41 PM
Banned

Also use the forums maybe someone will stroll by your auction on the forums while at work and you can set up a meeting time.
Closed Thread