Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 02-18-2020, 08:39 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Starting new on green, rogue as first character?

Wanting to start playing on green. Will be starting from nothing, and don't really have anyone already on the server to help out.

I usually play bard but this time around I want to play a bit more casual and go with a class that I also enjoy and is a bit more simple to play. Though I do know that rogues tend to be a bit gear and group dependent.

Am I going to have any issues with finding groups? Being a rogue let alone a geared up one? I am fine with hopping on and waiting for groups and just doing other stuff while waiting. Just wanting to take it slow, meet some people, make some friends, and enjoy the leveling journey.

Should I just fall back and do bard instead? I have yet to master swarm kiting at all and really would like the simple rogue to start with. I am also aware that most people recommend doing something like a mage or druid to start with since it allows you to farm to gear up other classes. I don't really feel like doing that but I get why its recommended.
Old 02-20-2020, 09:12 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Wanting to start playing on green. Will be starting from nothing, and don't really have anyone already on the server to help out.

I usually play bard but this time around I want to play a bit more casual and go with a class that I also enjoy and is a bit more simple to play. Though I do know that rogues tend to be a bit gear and group dependent.

Am I going to have any issues with finding groups? Being a rogue let alone a geared up one? I am fine with hopping on and waiting for groups and just doing other stuff while waiting. Just wanting to take it slow, meet some people, make some friends, and enjoy the leveling journey.

Should I just fall back and do bard instead? I have yet to master swarm kiting at all and really would like the simple rogue to https://myip.kim/ https://birthdaywishes.onl/ https://elecpay.in/tneb/start with. I am also aware that most people recommend doing something like a mage or druid to start with since it allows you to farm to gear up other classes. I don't really feel like doing that but I get why its recommended.

issue solved!!
Old 08-25-2020, 05:08 AM
Decaying Skeleton

IMO, it's whatever you want to play: whatever's fun to you. Just about all the camps (in or out of doors) are likely to be camped by groups, and those groups will need all sorts.

If you're asking what is easiest to solo with in a truly Classic setting, at the beginning necros and magicians are the most outright "powerful," and druids will be popular as well. But I really do think you'd be best off playing whatever race/class you like the most.
vidmate