Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-18-2020, 11:55 AM
Aviak

Default List AFK checks

Lists are a good idea, but AFK checks aren't very good. In classic if you where camping something you'd kill it or the ph, set a timer, go and do some stuffs around the house, come back and repeat. These AFK checks are unhealthy, forcing you to sit at the screen for hours and hours just incase you miss clicking that button. If I've got time to play i'll find a group, exp, farm stuffs, but theres days where I cant commit and would just like to sit and camp a mob and get some housework or something else done in my downtime. Keep lists but, please, get rid of that afk check or atleast have it timed so you don't have to stare at an empty spawn spot for 10+ hours.
Old 02-18-2020, 12:44 PM
Sarnak

The afk checks are fine, but maybe only do them to the top 2 people. I don't see why I have to be paying attention when I am still 3-9 hours away from having a chance at the drop.
Old 02-18-2020, 12:56 PM
Planar Protector

If you want that legacy item so bad, you need to put in the time. I'd also add that AFK checks probably make the list go somewhat faster since people end up getting booted off the list and you get moved up, which potentially saves you tens of hours of waiting.
Old 02-18-2020, 01:00 PM
Sarnak

Without afk checks, those lists would be absurdly long. No one is entitled to a legacy item.

/List changes have been beaten to death. There are some legitimately good ideas for changing them, but getting rid of afk checks isn’t one of them.
Old 02-18-2020, 01:54 PM
Large Bat

Imagine a system promoting bannable practices (sharing accounts) or unhealthy/potentially deadly behavior (40 hour camps).
Old 02-18-2020, 02:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by lubyen13 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Imagine a system promoting bannable practices (sharing accounts) or unhealthy/potentially deadly behavior (40 hour camps).
Er what? Sharing accounts isn't bannable at all. The staff have expressly said that it's not.
Old 02-18-2020, 04:15 PM
Banned

Sharing accounts should be bannable. I have seen people share info to farm stones. If they suspended account's when ips change constantly. These lists would be way shorter.
Old 02-18-2020, 04:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by silo32 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sharing accounts should be bannable. I have seen people share info to farm stones. If they suspended account's when ips change constantly. These lists would be way shorter.
I don't see why it should be bannable. Just because people have friends and guildies who will help them out?

If you share your account, you're putting yourself at risk as you're responsible for whatever happens while the account is logged in. Someone could do things to get you banned; someone could steal all your stuff. I'd say that's enough of a risk. Don't need to make it against the rules to account share.
Old 02-18-2020, 05:01 PM
Banned

i like the idea of changing ip resets list
Old 02-18-2020, 07:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsham [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i like the idea of changing ip resets list
Doesn't help against people that use remote control software to change places. Toon is logged in from the same PC/IP the whole time.

-Mcoy
Closed Thread