Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

View Poll Results: Do you think Luclin models should be an option for Project 1999?
I do not want Luclin models 554 66.75%
I want Luclin models. 276 33.25%
Voters: 830. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2011, 07:41 PM
Project Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hailto [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't understand why anyone would not want the models to be available. I personally wouldn't use them but it doesn't effect your game play one bit if other people use them so why would you actually care? Its just weird to me that people care what others are seeing on their screen if it doesn't effect them at all, whats the reasoning behind this? Its like, i like this, so everyone else should have to use it even if i can't tell if they are are not and it doesn't change my gameplay at all. Seems kinda selfish and stupid to me, but whatever.
Read the thread if want to know.
Old 08-19-2011, 09:34 AM
Large Rat

Default When I said re-texturing

When I said re-texturing I was referring to the world... not the models. Like I said before. When It comes to the luclin models... I could care less.

My interest was in the arguments for and against. In my opinion Turning on Luclin models would increase rather than decrease the sheer number of players who want to platy what they would otherwise consider to be a great server. There are people out there who would play this server if they had the new models and world textures. (World textures are easy by the way and there are plenty of threads devoted to going just that)

I also can respect and understand the lost feeling of accomplishment with the whole armor argument. but you can't just scream "Classic"... Unless of course every single one of you using that argument is using the bone ass ugly one big ass chat window no damned options whatsoever UI that goes along with it.

In my mind the "Classic" to EQ is far more about game content over texture or models... Things like which spells stack with which and the un-nerfing of gear. on that note I think the This server is near outstanding with the exception of my beloved boats.

The bottom line is... THIS IS NOT YOUR SERVER... It's Just the server you CHOOSE to play on. Input is great, but fighting over it is not only stupid... You could be spending your time farming Hill Giants.
Old 08-19-2011, 10:23 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hailto [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't understand why anyone would not want the models to be available. I personally wouldn't use them but it doesn't effect your game play one bit if other people use them so why would you actually care? Its just weird to me that people care what others are seeing on their screen if it doesn't effect them at all, whats the reasoning behind this? Its like, i like this, so everyone else should have to use it even if i can't tell if they are are not and it doesn't change my gameplay at all. Seems kinda selfish and stupid to me, but whatever.
it's cause vanity is such a huge part of this game. i think erudites look awesome with old world graphics and they look stupid with the new ones. i want them to see me how i see me.
Old 08-19-2011, 11:26 AM
Planar Protector

I've spent 10 years trying to forget them. Sometimes I still wake up in a cold sweat screaming.
Old 08-19-2011, 03:23 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charms [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There's no point to have a poll about it, or to disable the luclin models.

They're FREAKING TOGGLEABLE.

If YOU don't want to see them, turn them the fuck off! If YOU care about other people using them, stop being such a pretentious twat. It's amazing that you guys care so much about shit you wouldn't have to see, and wouldn't affect your gameplay at all.

This thread is the just fail.
Actually, it appears that you are "fail" in your post. Nilbog was the original poster, and he is asking us if we want to stop him from disabling the option to toggle the Luclin models. The poll provides a way for people who like the idea of Luclin models a way to tell Nilborg that they would like him NOT to do this. The thread is not "fail", it has purpose.
Old 08-19-2011, 03:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warton [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
no, theyre horrible

+ shouldn't even be a toggle option

that's how bad they are
Old 08-19-2011, 03:42 PM
Project Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charms [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There's no point to have a poll about it, or to disable the luclin models.

They're FREAKING TOGGLEABLE.

If YOU don't want to see them, turn them the fuck off! If YOU care about other people using them, stop being such a pretentious twat. It's amazing that you guys care so much about shit you wouldn't have to see, and wouldn't affect your gameplay at all.

This thread is the just fail.
Server chat is for civil conversation. Personal attacks/generally being confrontational will not be tolerated. See you in a week.

The point of this thread is to have a designated area for the discussion of Luclin models. Aside from the fact they are not classic, obviously this topic has been discussed. I'd prefer not to post my same opinions again and again in different threads. I'm sure others feel the same way.
Old 08-19-2011, 06:14 PM
Sarnak

Coulda swore this was a classic server. Why the hell would I not want classic Models?

Answer: NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-19-2011, 07:57 PM
Orc

The Models were terrible, the mounts were equally so; the falling animation added a 3 stooges type feel to an otherwise wonderful fantasy mmorpg.
Old 08-19-2011, 09:53 PM
Aviak

I have to say, the reason I like the new models is actually because of the way they did the armor. Take a shaman in full jaundice... turn on new models then look at them again with old models.
I do like p99 and I would be one who would prefer the old zones, with perhaps some updated models for the mobs/characters.
Now the "classic is about the game play" argument can cut both ways, if its about the game play then the gfx really don't matter - true however - at that point it comes down to personal preference.

I like the newer models, though I wish they kept the barbarian bear helm as the leather graphic.
Closed Thread