Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2020, 02:14 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorsmash [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Warriors will and have always out damaged paladin-SK's. And your stun "fact" fails to mention the resist check modifier since your casting a lvl 34 spell at 50.

Like I said, paladin players are fucking delusional about the class.
And even if they did, they still don't have any of the utility that a paladin has. You're obviously a dumbass.
Old 03-02-2020, 02:17 AM
Planar Protector

I’ve been a cleric on raids, and in an effort to be more than nust another constantly-medding CH bot, I have done things like try to root adds, stun charm breaks, and tank things that are hitting clothies, and I have found we clerics take sooo much damage. Cleric mitigation is bab. I think it’s misguided to compare cleric tanking to paladin tanking. I think Hazek is right about more than people are giving him credit for.
Old 03-02-2020, 03:21 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallicker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Worst class is whichever one is played by DMN
+1
Old 03-02-2020, 11:26 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazek [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Except clerics don't do any of those things in raids because they have to med and use mana for heals, buffs and rezzes. No cleric stands there chain stunning mobs and picking up adds.
*coughs* I mean, I only do that in XP groups.

Honestly clerics don't have the mitigation to be doing that for more than a fight or two because the tank has to piss, or as a party trick when vastly overgeared. WAR PAL SHD and possibly BRD are optimizing for HP/AC; Clerics are optimizing for +WIS, then +Mana, then +HP/MR/AC.

Defense caps at 200, Dodge at 75, no Parry, no Riposte. DA/DB sure but you can't do anything except move and sit once you fire off one of those spells (can't even get evacced *shakes fist*) and I can't imagine too many raid mobs are vulnerable to stun.

So yeah while a cleric CAN tank...it's really only useful when you've got a glut of clerics.
Old 03-02-2020, 03:07 PM
Planar Protector

Monks cuz basically they just FD pull and can't use swords. Every other class can pull better. Warriors are awesome cuz they can just pull 3 mobs at once and not die.
Old 03-02-2020, 03:12 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Monks cuz basically they just FD pull and can't use swords. Every other class can pull better. Warriors are awesome cuz they can just pull 3 mobs at once and not die.
See, this guy here? He gets it!
Old 03-03-2020, 04:50 AM
Planar Protector

Ranger or paladin?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-03-2020, 05:37 AM
Planar Protector

Let's be real though. Rogues are worst in classic due to shitty weapons and 0 utility.
Old 03-03-2020, 10:05 AM
Kobold

Honestly it is ranger or rogue. I'd say *probably* rogue due to track/sow/harmony in favor of the ranger.
Old 03-03-2020, 10:28 AM
Planar Protector

rogues steal hardly any exp and benefit a lot from a shaman, bard, or chanter. Rangers have snare & roots tho which is handy unless there is a necro.
Closed Thread