Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2014, 08:37 AM
Planar Protector

Easymode is Overthere. The exp isn't great, but it's tough to get any easier than that. Charm a rhino, send it on something else. Snare them, break when rhino is low Hp, nuke both dead, repeat.
Old 08-15-2014, 08:46 AM
Fire Giant

Once you get to 35 or so, the dwarves in BB are an excellent quad kite camp. Ruins your faction in Kaladin/Ak'Anon, however.
Old 08-15-2014, 08:52 AM
Fire Giant

Also I believe the gnolls outside Splitpaw are still blue at 34 when you get your first AE. It's a single camp, like 5 or 6 spawns, with a zone line to bail to right there.
Old 08-15-2014, 11:25 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by drostan54 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ok i'm having trouble finding a good place to get from 32 to 34 and idea's?
Same question again? Fur what? Charming? Root-rotting? Kiting? What makes the previous suggestions no good? Look on the wiki (like I linked you to), there are a number of leveling guides for druids. At 32 I can get a whole blue bub each kill root-rotting blue-con mountain giants. Then there are bruits etc. and a bunch of other mobs and places to level and with different tactics. You're not like one of those purists that says "oh I'm not going to look at the wiki, it's not classic!" hehe... really some say that in-game [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] But um pretty much, easy to figure out what to do next with some wiki research if you didn't like the common suggestions here.
Old 08-15-2014, 11:29 AM
Kobold

I went from 31 to 46 in OT on my druid extremely fast. Granted this was before the pet exp nerf and track nerf, but still should be pretty quick.
Old 08-21-2014, 02:48 AM
Kobold

Goto the SW of FV and charm the giant leach.
Kill other stuff around there by pulling them into the corridor to swamp.
Snare and flame lick to keep agro on target.
Give your pet 2 weapons.

(see my other post on druid charming)

Once you hit 34 it's all downhill. just aoe lightning everything.
2 great spots in SK. Gnolls in splitpaw, and 2 gnolls+2 centaurs near hermit.
When you have enough mana, dorfs in butcherblock.
docks or camp south of there. (the ones on kaladimcitizen faction)
spectres in oasis work if you can get the camp.
Old 08-21-2014, 03:14 AM
Planar Protector

Highkeep guards are pretty uber xp. With invis you can move around the zone easily, and harmony for solo pulls. I'd do that or charm fighting in OT.
Old 08-21-2014, 08:09 AM
Kobold

*Copied from a previous thread*

Legas' Guide to Druid Charming in OT

I just dinged 39 on my druid in OT where I charm kite soloed from 29-39. It was easy and it sometimes felt absurd that I could kill red con tigers so easily.

Here was the basic run down:

a)I bound in OT just inside the SF ramp.

b)I ported to EC, bought C2, Wis buff, and CHA (i know you're all saying it doesn't help at all but it's not hurting either) from a friendly enchanter.

c)Gated back to OT

1) Ran out west past the watering hole invis and searched on track for a light blue con rhino. Charm on LB rhinos holds alot better than dark blue cons.

2) Ran with my new pet back to the columns just south of SF zone and parked him there.

3)Ran out with flame lick loaded and tagged something that was even con or higher and brought it back to my pet.

4) Snared the inc mob and sicked the pet on him. Snare casting range and pet attack range seem to be very close so if you queue up your pet attack command on the inc target you will know right when to cast snare if you are watching your pet run out to engage.

5) Feared the mob. At first I was using the 10m fear animal spell because it was so efficient but later upgraded to the 30m fear because it lasts so much longer.

6) Dotted mob with highest rank of Stinging Swarm line that I had.

7) Sit, med, redot when needed.

8) Rinse and Repeat.

Notes:

a,b, and c are optional. If there is no c2 to be had, I would invite an LFG monk, rouge, mage, or necro to join me.

Neither snare nor fear land every cast, especially if you are pulling things that are yellow and red con. Be ready to run and recast. Fear only has the shared global cooldown with other spells but snares recast is a bit longer. When in doubt fear, then snare.

Never snared my pet and only buffed him with str and feral spirit.

Because of their duration, I always buffed myself with personal AC/Dmg Shield (spikecoat) and wolf form. Kept regen on myself as well but I felt as though other buffs were superfluous.

Spells Gems I had up

1) Nuke (Usually Ignite)
2) Heal or Regen (Gheal or Regeneration)
3) Creeping Crud -> Drones of Doom
4) Flame Lick
5) Animal Fear
6) Animal Charm
7) Snare (or Ensnare)
8) Root (Enveloping Roots)

I only ever unmemmed the 2nd or 4th spell slots for switching in buffs. In general, I like to keep spells up that will help me get out of trouble if something goes amiss.

In 10 levels soloing in this manner I only died once because I got cocky and thought I could AFK with charmed pet to make some pizza. I only had to have that lesson once. If you need to AFK, drop the pet, zone and med till you can come back.

Hope this helps someone. PST Legas in game if you have any questions.

*edit - Changed name of post