Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2015, 10:42 PM
Sarnak

Default Druid Leveling: 44-46

I all - I'd like to start off by saying that I am having an absolute blast playing this Druid as my first character on p99 (since a brief stint as a SK at launch many years ago).

I have had the pleasure of healing royals in solb on many occasions, charm killing in Kedge, Quadding in FV, dungeon crawling in The Hole and helping others quest and feed my desire to adventure.

I recently picked up a Luminescent Staff with the spoils of my adventures, and I am looking forward to using it through what many have told me is a rough patch in Druid levels (46-53). My question is, what recommendations do you have for solo experience spots for 44-46? As a reminder, with 44 spells I can now root/rot for 89(?)/tick and I have Calefaction/Firestrike/Banish Summoned.

When I am not grouping in some of the places mentioned above, I have been quadding blue snarlers in FV on the cliffs. They still con dark blue and this area is worlds safer than kiting near KC in DL. I have no problem kiting and hiding afk while I med in FV.

Should I move somewhere else to speed things up? I worry that at 45, these dogs may slow down in XP gain. The number of blues has dropped significantly with my recent level.

Thanks for the advice to come,
60 Iksar Monk
20 Halfling Druid

=== OMNI ===
Old 02-24-2015, 11:09 PM
Sarnak

Spirocs? Outside of KC?
Old 02-25-2015, 12:51 AM
Aviak

I think I was doing the boat faction dwarves at that point. There are 3 camps you can do there, was pretty fast. I know once I could use the lumi staff I kept doing them without even bothering to med, then I hit the birds after a few levels.

Whoever told you 46-53 is slow is crazy, though. 46-53 is like powerleveling yourself with that staff.
Last edited by Schwing; 02-25-2015 at 12:56 AM..
Old 02-25-2015, 11:09 AM
Kobold

The spectre four-spawn on gargoyle island in OOT is a nice lesser-known quadding spot. 6-minute respawn instead of ~17 like Oasis, though they will have started to go XP green by the time you can use the Luminescent Staff. The only problem is that using the Lumi on spectres allows them to get close enough to use their lifetap. They'll still die, but you might need to keep chloroplast up on yourself.

Spirocs in TD are another good choice, though a bit more contested. Two druids mana-free quadding kill quickly enough to depopulate the entire island.
Old 02-26-2015, 12:54 AM
Aviak

Spirocs in TD are definitely the fastest and easiest quadding I've found so far. It does get crowded at times, though, which can be frustrating after the long trip out there.

Second to spirocs is the grassy area south of KC in DL. I found it to be great exp and pretty safe, unlike most of the rest of the area around KC. It's not hard to find mobs, and its accessibility can make it more appealing than TD.

Those are my top two quadding spots for mid 40s through early 50s; nothing else I tried (BW, various city guards, LOIO bloodgills) even came close.
Old 03-02-2015, 11:02 PM
Sarnak

Spirocs are the best I found but I was way too bored. Kedge second floor was almost as good exp but dangerous til 49. I did dwarves at the docks in bb from 44-46 then pressed my luck in kedge. Took a few deaths without Rez but had much more fun than

IIRC 2-3 pulls in kedge made up for death without Rez. A pull being a pet + 1 other mob.

Root rot in CoM was comparatively slow exp but good for a change of pace. Was able to work on other things / watch a movie or a ball game. Single pull anything but goos with harmony.
Last edited by kildone; 03-02-2015 at 11:06 PM..
Old 03-04-2015, 06:02 AM
Sarnak

I checked out a lot of these locations, but landed on a different camp that worked quite well for 44-46 (spirocs were a little too much for my mana bar):

The giant camp near Swamp of No Hope zone in FV. There are 3 giants, with wandering dog snarlers, all dark blue. Plenty of room with no dog pathing behind the huts to kite and the giants are on a 6 or 7 min respawn. It was rare I could med up before respawn.

These were consistent and I never saw another soul to contest the camp. I would definitely recommend finishing the 45 grind here if you don't want to group.

Thanks all for your suggestions, I will be checking out spirocs next! Ding 46.
60 Iksar Monk
20 Halfling Druid

=== OMNI ===
Closed Thread