Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2015, 07:10 PM
Kobold

Default Question about Lvl 55 Tunare's Request

So there's been some weirdness in regards to this spell. As some Druids have noticed, on the wiki it says this spell is supposed to last a super long time on animals that are lvl 35 and lower. Continuing on, you've also probably noticed from using it that it doesn't last nearly that long at all. This is not where my question comes in.

What I'm wondering about is: When using Tunare's Request, is it supposed to wipe you from the aggro list of the animal that was just charmed when the charm is broken? I ask this b/c on multiple occasions I have experienced that when using Tunare's Request, the animal will just start walking away as if nothing happened once the charm is broken (these were roaming mobs). I tested it by doing both forced and non-forced breaking (invis'ing self vs. letting the timer run out on its own) and the result was the same either way.

Is this a bug or is this intentional for this spell? Call of Karana (lvl 52 Charm) is without a doubt a charm spell that does not result in wiped aggro once charm is broken.
Old 03-07-2015, 07:51 PM
Planar Protector

The purpose of this spell (from my understanding) was to be a fixed duration (it lasts entire time) charm for low level mobs. I do recall reading in several places that they didn't aggro when charm broke as well.

That being said I am almost never in a situation where I need to charm level <35 mobs, so I can't say I have ever memmed or cast the spell on this server.
Old 03-08-2015, 12:42 AM
Aviak

Never cast it either. Seems completely useless. When I need to kill low level mobs, I'll thorns myself for half the mana cost and sit tank hordes of them.
Closed Thread