Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2015, 05:15 PM
Fire Giant

There's a sweet spot from 29-33 before you get your real pet where the charmed pets are good for a shammy. I'd get a bull elephant in SK and fight treants. Slow poison, melee, let pet melee from behind, easy.
Old 03-19-2015, 08:27 AM
Aviak

21 shaman here, as a solo player as well there doesnt seem to be an efficient way to level. I basically pull with one dot, run to a safe location, cast second dot and then melee. Some fights are good I don't lose too much hp, others are not so well. It's very grueling at this level, way less efficient then say a necro or mage, but a little more efficient then a pure melee, or hybrid.
Old 03-19-2015, 11:22 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Life617 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
21 shaman here, as a solo player as well there doesnt seem to be an efficient way to level. I basically pull with one dot, run to a safe location, cast second dot and then melee. Some fights are good I don't lose too much hp, others are not so well. It's very grueling at this level, way less efficient then say a necro or mage, but a little more efficient then a pure melee, or hybrid.
Actually at this stage a twinked hybrid seems far more efficient than a Shaman. The other day I was looking with awe at this Ranger in Perma with a badass staff (looked like a tree trunk) and he had basically no downtime killing the mobs while rooting the adds. Literally he whacked them in seconds using almost no mana. Made me feel quite inadequate.. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-19-2015, 12:54 PM
Sarnak

Velerin, you were dead right about bull elephants when soloing that camp, tyvm!

Life, I just leveled another shaman up through the 20s, so here's my take on it. That med-dancing strat I outlined earlier in this thread works really well. Get yourself a runewood great staff or higher damage 2hb, pull with affliction, hit mob when it gets to you, cast root, take another swing and back off and sit down. Then stand up and whack it after each med tick. Nuke when it saves you from having to cast another root. Things get better for you at 24 with regen and a higher dps dot/nuke.

To Lorian:
http://wiki.project1999.com/Woodsman%27s_Staff maybe?

The result you saw wasn't a hybrid thing, it's a twinking thing. Probably had decent haste and a fungi. At that level a shaman could achieve the same or better results with a GFG or PWC, haste and fungi as well. At that level the ranger's only real advantages afaik is double attack; it's not til 35+ when he gets riposte and 40+ when your combat skills cap and his keep going. Defenses cap at 200 for both. Meanwhile shaman gets regen at 24 and spell haste at 29.
Old 03-19-2015, 01:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Life617 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I basically pull with one dot, run to a safe location
This is less than optimal, because when the mob is chasing you your DoT is not going to be doing its full damage (check the damage messages and you'll see what I mean). If you pull with slow you won't have that problem.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 03-19-2015, 02:57 PM
Sarnak

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is less than optimal, because when the mob is chasing you your DoT is not going to be doing its full damage (check the damage messages and you'll see what I mean). If you pull with slow you won't have that problem.
Pull with Sicken it is only 2dmg and cheap, who cares if lose 1 dmg a tick while pulling![You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] As you level you can use the higher level disease dots to pull, they last soo long its rare a mob lives to end so you are not wasting those ticks.[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

P.S. of-course can always pull with Malo line (expensive at low levels) or Walking sleep (til around 40 then switch to level 29 slow) but slow duration isn't long.
Old 03-19-2015, 03:38 PM
Sarnak

Wouldn't bother with sicken, it's a waste of a spell slot imo. The same logic works for affliction pull tho. Affliction only does 6 dmg a tick and lasts like 20ish ticks, so losing 2 dmg for 2 of the ticks also won't make much of a difference. Since I med-joust, slow was just a waste of mana. When I hit 24 and got envenomed breath, which only lasts 7 ticks according to wiki, I started just pulling with a nuke if I planned to drag the mob along behind me for a couple of ticks. I stopped using affliction, because I've found that dragging out a fight for 2 minutes is less efficient than just spending some mana to speed the fight up.