Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 12-31-2022, 08:10 PM
Planar Protector

Here's an old thread from the EQ forums with a bunch of launch/beta memories:

https://web.archive.org/web/20010224.../057031-2.html
Old 01-03-2023, 06:57 PM
Planar Protector

We spent like 10 hours camping a PGT from Highpass and when one dropped someone looted it but had one in the bank and instead of the "lore" message the item deleted and the GMs told us go kick rocks. 12 year old me was heart broken
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 01-03-2023, 07:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardp1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We spent like 10 hours camping a PGT from Highpass and when one dropped someone looted it but had one in the bank and instead of the "lore" message the item deleted and the GMs told us go kick rocks. 12 year old me was heart broken
Hahaha
Old 01-03-2023, 07:41 PM
Banned

how long was the highpass/highkeep treadmill idk if it took me a week or a year honestly, i remember PGT drama though lol
Old 01-03-2023, 10:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tongpow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
how long was the highpass/highkeep treadmill idk if it took me a week or a year honestly, i remember PGT drama though lol
As a career Qeynosian, passing through the Karanas and Highpass was the greatest adventure of all time. When we actually made it to Freeport, and then Oasis, it felt like a years long journey because of all the bull shit we did in-between. In hindsight it was legitimately a week or two because of the stops in the Karana's, Highpass, and Beholder, and the rez runs from various group mates, and no one having maps. We had a group of 4 of us that were friends IRL and 2 more that were online friends from UO, and it was the biggest cluster fuck but also nothing that could ever be recreated in my life at this point... thus why I am still lurking in 2023.

But the highpass/highkeep treadmill is the same as on P99, if you really wanted too probably 16-35
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 01-04-2023, 01:01 AM
Banned

i just remember the clusterfuck and me and erudite magician or wizard saying fuck this and we went and lived in gorge of king xorbb till whenever the eyes stop giving xp
Old 01-04-2023, 06:59 PM
Planar Protector

Played with 2 friends on 1 PC day of launch. Most popular server I recall was Rallos Zek (PVP). Maybe 2200 folks on launch?

Just patching took a long time, constant drops. Couldn't stay logged in for more than 10 mins if that. We had a phenomenal time in newbie zone (Qeynos) and eventually going to Blackburrow entrance and exploring Karanas.

We literally looked at our cloth map that came in the box and saw a village in the karanas and went to find it (we weren't aware of any map sites at the time).

We were shocked when we saw the village appear in the distance after a run that seemed like it took the entire night with all the LDs. There was something magical about that moment for us, like we were going off of an old cartographer's map and not knowing if we'd find our destination. We were literally cheering in the middle of the night.

Imagine even more our surprise when this village turns out to be the Aviak village! Couldn't find any birds that spoke to us, eventually held our breath and attacked.

Dead in seconds...

Welcome to EQ! I'll never forget that night