Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2014, 10:11 PM
Kobold

Default PSA: All Druids/Wizards

PLEASE let me invis before porting me. I'm an iksar and hated everywhere. If you want a tip, we need to do it BEFORE we port. Please then wait until I am safely invisible again, and THEN port. If that is too hard for you, give me some sort of warning that we are porting so that I can ensure I am prepared.... Please?

Died twice to two different druids because they ported before I was invised....
Old 08-17-2014, 10:22 PM
Planar Protector

Look for the "begins to cast a spell" emote. Look at the spell particles; the port spells have particular particles you can recognize. Disband before they finish casting the spell (takes a good 10 or so seconds to cast).
Need a port or a rez? Hit me up on IRC!
Old 08-17-2014, 10:31 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Disband before they finish casting the spell (takes a good 10 or so seconds to cast).
Old 08-17-2014, 10:40 PM
Planar Protector

Hopefully soon enough you can afford a Circlet of Shadows, then you can instantly invis.
Old 08-18-2014, 01:02 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenoraRaton [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
PLEASE let me invis before porting me. I'm an iksar and hated everywhere. If you want a tip, we need to do it BEFORE we port. Please then wait until I am safely invisible again, and THEN port. If that is too hard for you, give me some sort of warning that we are porting so that I can ensure I am prepared.... Please?

Died twice to two different druids because they ported before I was invised....
How about you let the porter know in advance for an invis? Problem solved...
Old 08-18-2014, 01:28 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faywind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How about you let the porter know in advance for an invis? Problem solved...
Well... usually it's someone porting that has little exp with porting. I mean once a druid starts porting, they soon realize that it's just not worth it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
/anon
Old 08-18-2014, 03:19 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Look for the "begins to cast a spell" emote. Look at the spell particles; the port spells have particular particles you can recognize. Disband before they finish casting the spell (takes a good 10 or so seconds to cast).
Or let the porter now in advance you going to need invis. Iksar level 50+ normally don't have troubles when porting them.
Old 08-18-2014, 03:59 AM
Planar Protector

Yep, actually people usually mention it. But I keep my invis on the same page as my group ports, which is a good reminder. Invis, bind, sow and group ports, same two open pages. I always keep my four root-rot spell gems up and dump the bottom four for the port spell set... well 3 or 4 depending if I'll need bind which would overwrite heal. But yeah, while I'm already meming invis/cammo, they usually mention it. Being a hostile port or even a CR, I always mem it.

I admit though, it did happen once, like a lvl12 troll in a rush from gfay to wc/ec late one night. I got him a full rez though, he was happy hehe. But that was some time ago, and since dropped cammo onto the port page to keep a reminder no matter how tired I am.

Root
Dot
Dot
Snare
Heal / bind
Cammo
Port
SoW
Last edited by Daywolf; 08-18-2014 at 04:10 AM..
Old 08-18-2014, 09:20 AM
Planar Protector

Fly the wizard airlines. Problem solved =D
Old 08-18-2014, 12:06 PM
Banned

Hit ctrl + D if you aren't invis before port goes off.
Closed Thread