Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2015, 05:34 AM
Kobold

Default Killing Evil Guards

So, I'm a barb shaman and I was reading up on the excellent Evil Shaman Solo Guide (http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=126844).

As a lighty there are several spawns in that guide that won't fly right unless you don't care about your faction, which I do.

I was wondering, though, whether anyone could shed some light on some good spots to kill some dark race guards around the world? I'm currently lvl 34 so city guards are likely too high.

But just like there are human guards for around lvl 35+ at the South Karana bridge in North Karana I was wondering about some good similar spots for killing dark guards.

Any insight is welcome [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-26-2015, 05:58 AM
Sarnak

why they gotta be dark! lol
Old 02-26-2015, 05:59 AM
Sarnak

prolly to low of level of guards but there were some dark elfs on a bridge in nektulos. Also i think there are some ogre guards you can kill also in oggok.
Old 02-26-2015, 06:01 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillian [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
why they gotta be dark! lol
You know what I mean! Thanks for the reply [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-26-2015, 11:12 AM
Sarnak

Ogre guards inside Oggok are good, but you're probably not high enough level yet. I don't remember exactly when, but I think it's in the 40s when you can start soloing them. I've heard others talk about troll guards, but I've never done them personally.
Old 02-26-2015, 12:36 PM
Fire Giant

I wanted to live off guards/unconventional NPCs while leveling my Necro, but there's really not the same availability of evil guards.

Nektulos bridge guards can spawn as low/mid 20s or low/mid 30s, and have a ~20min respawn time. There is 1 guard near Lavastorm that is 6mins, and some golems path by you can snag, but they're pretty MR.

Corrupt guards in EC/WC/WK are probably your next best bet, ranging from mid-20s in EC to low/mid 30s in WC and WK.

Ogre guards in Oggok start off 33/34 and go up to 35/36 near the SK guild/bank. I started doing them at 34 on my Necro and was able to keep the first ~7 spawns down (13 guards total inside Oggok). ~20mins respawn. Eventually you can root rot all of them and have some down time. Another option is guards in Highkeep and Highpass, who are technically corrupt. Both give you FS drops, merchants and a banker.

You can coast on Oggok guard from 34/39 until 46, then you'll want to move to Grobb. I believe you can do Grobb guards until low 50s. Grobb is a lot more difficult than Oggok, though. Oggok gives you tons of space to kite compared to Grobb. Grobb has Warrior GMs and a couple insane-HP troll guards you'll need to avoid.

Honestly though, aside from the money (12pp per kill guaranteed), Grobb guards are more trouble than they're worth. You'll level a lot faster solo/duo'ing elsewhere, like along KC north wall in Dreadlands, CoM, etc.
Last edited by Crawdad; 02-26-2015 at 12:47 PM..
Old 02-26-2015, 02:23 PM
Planar Protector

As a Barbarian Shaman I too wanted to kill evil guards, so I went with the Trolls. It turns out Grobb is an amazing place for a 44-52 Shaman to solo. There are only a couple wandering guards, and a few red NPCs that are easily avoidable; all the other mobs are either merchants or nice dark blue warriors perfect for killing. Even at 45 with a JBB there are enough mobs that even if you kill all of them, you'll only have a short wait period before the respawn starts.

Also each guard drops a sword, shield, and sometimes a necklace; together they all sell for around 10 plat, so they're good XP and good money.

Oh also avoid Basher Nanrum: he's a blue con but he has a ton more HP than the rest of the guards.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Closed Thread