Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2020, 12:10 AM
Banned

just started experiencing this today... 32ms my comp runs at like 20%... and eq is running like dogshit

never had this happen since ddos attacks like 10 years ago

=/
Old 01-03-2020, 12:49 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you're getting ridiculously low framerate after the latest patch, try removing/renaming your eqclient.ini file. I had the same issue and while trying to figure out the cause, renaming the file got rid of the lag, and then putting the file back still had no lag. I suspect it may have to do with the texture caching in the game. Either way, try this and let us know.
did this and it just messed up all my settings, screen size and defaulted all my key bindings
Old 01-05-2020, 12:16 AM
Fire Giant

I'm experiencing lag the past couple days on Green.
Old 01-05-2020, 12:08 PM
Sarnak

I've had some lag, but a reboot fixed it. My graphics card drivers are not the best, and leaving EQ open overnight is not good for them - nor does EQ like the computer going to sleep..

I'll keep an eye out if it continues.
Old 01-21-2020, 05:29 PM
Sarnak

The most recent patch (V53) have caused me to experience this issue as well. Prior to the patch, everything ran smoothly, no issues at all.

After the patch, if even a small handful of player characters are around, FPS drops to a crawl. The tunnel or raid events are basically unplayable, less than 1fps.

-Tried turning dynamic lighting to FALSE in config file, did not fix fps issue.

-Tried renaming/deleting config file, did not fix fps issue

-Tried running the game in WinEQ2. Fixed the system gamma issue, but FPS lag remains near player characters.

This lag only occurs when PCs are in sight. Large empty zone or stacks of many NPCs do not cause this issue.

Any assistance available from the DEVs? It is fairly obvious this is an issue with patch changes, as before these patches performance was not impacted at all.
Old 01-21-2020, 06:16 PM
Sarnak

edit: named eqclient.ini to eqclientOLD.ini and allowed the game to make a new eqclient file. FPS smoothed out. Renamed eqclient.ini to eqclientNEW.ini.

Compared OLD to NEW values and entries and discovered I had a LOT of tags left over from 2009, including the target incinerator ring! Lots of shadow tags and shaders...

Removed everything from OLD that didnt match NEW except for things like window size, position and some other edits I dont want to have to remake.

Once done, saved OLD back to eqclient.ini, loaded game, and am enjoying pegged 60FPS.

So the original suggestion of this post -does- work. Now we will just see for how long.
Old 01-21-2020, 06:42 PM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glasken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
edit: named eqclient.ini to eqclientOLD.ini and allowed the game to make a new eqclient file. FPS smoothed out. Renamed eqclient.ini to eqclientNEW.ini.

Compared OLD to NEW values and entries and discovered I had a LOT of tags left over from 2009, including the target incinerator ring! Lots of shadow tags and shaders...

Removed everything from OLD that didnt match NEW except for things like window size, position and some other edits I dont want to have to remake.

Once done, saved OLD back to eqclient.ini, loaded game, and am enjoying pegged 60FPS.

So the original suggestion of this post -does- work. Now we will just see for how long.
Seen windows defender contribute to this. Slows down when eqclient.ini gets bigger. Adding exceptions for the folder sometimes helps.
Old 02-03-2020, 02:23 AM
Aviak

The only fix to this shitty lighting system (sorry bros i know you worked hard for CRT vision emulation) is to log in -- /q, and hit the account / pw screen and log back in.
For me, this disables this absolute shit sandwich dynamic lagging updates and brings my framerates back to where they were for the last 7 years.

I love you light patchers but Your Laggy Lights Suck Ass. I suggest you "selectively" remove it like you selectively nerfed cb belts turn in exp and upgraded npc casting mobs from live etc etc.

HIT THE LIGHTS.
Old 02-03-2020, 03:37 AM
Planar Protector

What amazes me is the CIA-style secretive silence that surrounds everything about the dynamic lights.

People having been complaining for months, the dev who did the patch has been MIA since then and P99 management silently ignored all pleas for making it optional.
Old 02-03-2020, 01:57 PM
Aviak

I haven't played since the mandatory inclusion because any area with more than like 15 ppl and lightsources is like 10 fps -- where it was butter smooth on even the abnormal raids (say 80 / 90... not AOW zergs). hopefully my "trick" lets some people play the game at a normal fps, heaven forbid you can see better than "classic" but your fps is somehow worse

dynamic lighting to the gas chambers.
Closed Thread