Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Old 01-15-2024, 09:41 PM
Large Bat

Default Canni II

Hello All,

I have a 38 Barbarian Shaman on Green. I was wondering what peoples thoughts were on Canni II, should I spend the 1k on it or should I do the quest for it?

This is my first character and my main character, so trying to save up as much as possible for later level spells and gear.

Thanks for the input.
Old 01-15-2024, 10:22 PM
Planar Protector

Personally I would just buy it in EC. The mobs you need to kill for this quest are all high 30s or low 40s. This means you will probably need a group to help you out, unless you are twinked enough. Since you said this was your first character, I assume you are not twinked.

The Yun Shamans in Trakanon's Teeth are particularly annoying since they have SoW and cast Shaman spells. You'll probably want a tracker to help you find them, and you need to expect adds since they just wander around the jungle like other trash.

Farming for plat isn't that difficult on a Shaman. You can make at least 200pp per hour at many guard spots. As you out-level guards, you can also go back and farm them for money if needed.
Old 01-20-2024, 05:52 PM
Large Bat

Thanks for the info!
Old 01-21-2024, 11:27 AM
Sarnak

I'd consider just skipping it. It's not a big upgrade and costs a bit of plat that's just a waste later on. The quest is doable but too time consuming unless you're passing through there anyway.

As a new shaman I'd put that plat to other use.
Old 01-21-2024, 03:41 PM
Large Bat

Hm, I see your point. When it comes to efficiency of hp to mana, Canni I seems to be better than Canni II?

So, if I took the money and put it towards gear instead of Canni II, what would be worth spending the plat on?
Old 01-22-2024, 09:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hm, I see your point. When it comes to efficiency of hp to mana, Canni I seems to be better than Canni II?

So, if I took the money and put it towards gear instead of Canni II, what would be worth spending the plat on?
Just get the spell.

It’s a quality of life improvement and the next upgrade isn’t until mid 50s.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 01-23-2024, 06:53 PM
Planar Protector

Not worth buying on a first character, but its pretty feasible to get the items without actually killing anything.

KC and CoM almost always have groups going and those pieces rot often. If someone is doing the forager cycle in TT they will most likely help you out getting the piece from there.
Old 01-26-2024, 06:09 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Depends on what you have.

JBB is the ultimate tool for leveling outside of Epic. Other than that it's haste (silver chitin handwraps) and a decent 2h weapon like PWC or granite face grinder until melee gets too hard.
Old 01-27-2024, 10:00 AM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajbert [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Depends on what you have.

JBB is the ultimate tool for leveling outside of Epic. Other than that it's haste (silver chitin handwraps) and a decent 2h weapon like PWC or granite face grinder until melee gets too hard.
Can't afford any of those items yet haha.

First character = broke
Old 01-27-2024, 05:50 PM
Planar Protector

For what it's worth, my wife never obtained Canni2 on her own shaman--she used rank 1 until getting canni3 (and later canni4 with Velious). It was fine that way; rank 2 seems entirely optional. If you choose to go that route you'll do fine.