Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Old 02-03-2023, 09:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ya.dingus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So you're saying, it's still 5%

And for that 5% you want me to believe that overcapping on stats, being big all the time, having some of the worse visual icons, is somehow a good trade?

Sorry 5% while being hit, which you only get the maximum amount of value that FSI offers if you're a warrior basically. Anyone else that's not getting hit from the front all the time sees none of the benefit.

I'm going to have to #hardpass. FSI is a noob trap at worst, or a small QOL at best.
No, it isn't 5% for casters. Did you not read what I just said? If you get bashed while casting Malo 4 seconds in, you are losing 6 seconds in that 40 seconds, not 2 seconds. That is 15% of your time wasted per 40 seconds on average. That is pretty big when you are in the pre-slow phase.

Nobody is forcing you to play an Ogre[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I am not sure why you are so angry about FSI being superior to Regeneration with Torpor. Both are small benefits, we are just determining which one is better. Better doesn't mean leagues ahead. I have provided plenty of evidence to show how useful FSI is with Torpor. Your evidence isn't evidence against FSI.
Old 02-03-2023, 09:42 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No, it isn't 5% for casters. Did you not read what I just said? If you get bashed while casting Malo 4 seconds in, you are losing 6 seconds in that 40 seconds, not 2 seconds. That is 15% of your time wasted per 40 seconds on average. That is pretty big when you are in the pre-slow phase.

Nobody is forcing you to play an Ogre[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I am not sure why you are so angry about FSI being superior to Regeneration with Torpor. Both are small benefits, we are just determining which one is better. Better doesn't mean leagues ahead. I have provided plenty of evidence to show how useful FSI is with Torpor. Your evidence isn't evidence against FSI.
It's 5% for melee, it's worse for casters.

Here you are trying to change the goal posts to make FSI "better" but it's just a noob trap.

Why dont you adjust your situation to be more accurate:

1. If a mob uses its secondary it may bash.
2. If a mob tries to bash you, it may hit.
3. If it does hit you, it may stun.
4. If it does stun you, you get interrupted.

Or what's more likely to happen as the ogre experience:

4. If it does stun you, you resist.
5. If you didnt get immediately interrupted you may get pushed
6. If you get pushed, you may get interrupted, but you wont know until the end of your cast
7. you may get your spell off.

It's a n00b trap baby, nooooooob trap. Learn to play better is what I highly recommend.

Like I said, Ogres just living in an atmosphere of copium, they've practically evolved in it to ensure their survivability as everyone realizes FSI is the worst trade deal in the history of trade deals.

Last edited by ya.dingus; 02-03-2023 at 09:44 PM..
Old 02-03-2023, 09:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ya.dingus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Here you are trying to change the goal posts to make FSI "better" but it's just a noob trap.

6. If you get pushed, you may get interrupted, but you wont know until the end of your cast

It's a n00b trap baby, nooooooob trap. Learn to play better is what I highly recommend.
This is just nonsense lol. I am not sure how "playing better" changes how FSI or Regen helps you with Torpor. But you totally proved your point by repeating childish sayings.
Old 02-03-2023, 09:48 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is just nonsense lol. I am not sure how "playing better" changes how FSI or Regen helps you with Torpor. But you totally proved your point by repeating childish sayings.
How playing better doesn't effect FSI?

Maybe not trying to take free hits whenever you can to try to make your situational race trait somewhat useful.

Just straight up convo be like:

"Yo guys, I'm permanently immune to stuns from the front. So in the 37% chance a mob's bash may actually hit me, and may actually stun, I'll be immune to it!"

What did you have to give up for it?

"Everything."

Old 02-03-2023, 09:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
How playing better doesn't effect FSI?

Maybe not trying to take free hits whenever you can to try to make your situational race trait somewhat useful.

Just straight up convo be like:

"Yo guys, I'm permanently immune to stuns from the front. So in the 37% chance a mob's bash may actually hit me, and may actually stun, I'll be immune to it!"

"Everything."
You do know if you "play better", you aren't regenerating most of the time, right? You just Torpor back to full HP out of combat. Not sure how that helps your case. The better you get, typically the less you are regenerating. Torpor Shamans typically aren't chain killing mobs.

Shaman spells are slow to cast. Malo has a 5 second cast. There are many situations where you don't have enough room to have max distance on a mob when casting your first spell. How are you going to avoid getting hit in the pre-slow phase? Are resistances something you can game with skill? What if a mob resists multiple spells?

If you have some awesome strategies to share, that would be great!
Old 02-03-2023, 09:59 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
You do know if you "play better", you aren't regenerating most of the time, right? You just Torpor back to full HP out of combat. Not sure how that helps your case. The better you get, typically the less you are regenerating. Torpor Shamans typically aren't chain killing mobs.

Shaman spells are slow to cast. Malo has a 5 second cast. There are many situations where you don't have enough room to have max distance on a mob when casting your first spell. How are you going to avoid getting hit in the pre-slow phase? Are resistances something you can game with skill? What if a mob resists multiple spells?

If you have some awesome strategies to share, that would be great!
No if you're playing better it means you're regening all the time.

Because you're never sitting at max hp or max mana, you're always transferring it into dps.

Like, for real my dude, the copium has you deluded.

Old 02-03-2023, 10:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
No if you're playing better it means you're regening all the time.

Because you're never sitting at max hp or max mana, you're always transferring it into dps.

Like, for real my dude, the copium has you deluded.
Please show me a camp a level 60 torpor Shaman is chain pulling with no downtime solo.

I think you fail to realize a lot of targets a 60 Shaman is soloing is going to have downtime between kills.

If your soloing cliff golems, you have to wait 6 minutes for the cliff golem to respawn, but you will Torpor back to full HP/MP in 3 minutes.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 02-03-2023 at 10:26 PM..
Old 02-03-2023, 10:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:

"Everything."
You literally give up nothing for it. It’s a free racial trait. What kinda crack u smokin bro?
Old 02-04-2023, 07:41 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:

Like I said, Ogres just living in an atmosphere of copium, they've practically evolved in it to ensure their survivability as everyone realizes FSI is the worst trade deal in the history of trade deals.
Bash has a chance to interrupt just for hitting, in addition to the chances derived from stun and push.

P99 isn’t using the stock eqemu code for this (unless Rogean pushed the change back to eqemu idk).

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 02-04-2023, 07:43 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Please show me a camp a level 60 torpor Shaman is chain pulling with no downtime solo.

I think you fail to realize a lot of targets a 60 Shaman is soloing is going to have downtime between kills.

If your soloing cliff golems, you have to wait 6 minutes for the cliff golem to respawn, but you will Torpor back to full HP/MP in 3 minutes.
Let us remember this isn’t a thread exclusively about 60 torp shamans. It is about non-iksar from the mid 40s up using jbb.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung