Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Old 12-15-2022, 03:21 PM
Planar Protector

I think you pretend to have conversations at first, and then it quickly becomes you waging a war against anyone who disagrees with anything you say, where you throw massive walls of text at the people you are "conversing" with, and refuse to give any ground or listen to anyone else.

That's just the pattern I see with many of your posts, but you're welcome to disagree, and anyone bored and curious enough can look at both our post histories to make up their own mind.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 12-15-2022 at 03:24 PM..
Old 12-15-2022, 03:21 PM
Banned

j-j-jokes are le BaD and NoT OK So ChORtLeS ShOuD be LE BANNED For Le EVER loramin logic
(lol)
Old 12-15-2022, 03:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think you pretend to have conversations at first, and then it quickly becomes you waging a war against anyone who disagrees with anything you say, where you throw massive walls of text at the people you are "conversing" with, and refuse to give any ground or listen to anyone else.

That's just the pattern I see with many of your posts, but you're welcome to disagree, and anyone bored and curious enough can look at both our post histories to make up their own mind.
What would be my motivation here? This is such a strange take. Just because someone disagrees with me, doesn't mean they are correct. I have conceded and admitted I am wrong plenty of times, too.

It sounds like you just don't like people disagreeing with you, or posting long comments. I am sorry, but your post length preferences and dislike for people disagreeing with you is not my problem.

Please do not take these issues you have out on me by trying to silence me. I don't try to silence you.
Old 12-15-2022, 03:37 PM
Banned

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lysander [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
About Loramin

Loramin is a non-classic player, imposter, and infiltrator, who calls classic players childish non-classic names in public which he heard on the television (words you hear old wrinkly politicians and aging teen pop stars say such as 'racist', 'misogynist' and 'homophobic') to appear caring and intellectual when in fact Loramin is the complete opposite.

Loramin is in fact a passive aggressive dicktator who is opposed to freedom of speech and players thinking for themselves.

Loramin is your quintessential bible basher and thought police department.

Loramin is an intellectual property thief who steals content to create non-classic 'game guides' which convert players into Loramin mini-me's who can't think for themselves and miss out on unique gaming experiences because they're too busy following Loramin's unofficial guide verbatim.

Loramin is a spammer who hates choice and loves censorship.

To Loramin, lying and cheating is a way of life and so is cooking up nothingburgers and calling them double bacon cheeseburgers.

"Comment, subscribe and click the bell notification icon so I can spam you with things you don't need"

"Be more like me instead of more like you"

"There's no such thing as normal"
(lol)
Old 12-15-2022, 03:38 PM
Planar Protector

Look, I win either way here. If you keep to your standard pattern in the future, I don't have to say a thing, and you've proved me right.

If you prove me wrong, we have another poster on this forum who adds helpful information in normal/sane human-sized chunks, and actually listens and responds to others, admitting when he gets something wrong ... and that's good for everyone who reads the forum! I'll be happy being wrong if that's the case.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 12-15-2022, 03:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Look, I win either way here. If you keep to your standard pattern in the future, I don't have to say a thing, and you've proved me right.

If you prove me wrong, we have another poster on this forum who adds helpful information in normal/sane human-sized chunks, and actually listens and responds to others, admitting when he gets something wrong ... and that's good for everyone who reads the forum! I'll be happy being wrong if that's the case.
I am not sure what game you think you are "winning" or "losing". I don't think anyone else is playing with you.

Just stop your attempts at shutting down discussions because you have a completely arbirtary preference on post length, and a dislike for being disagreed with. It isn't helping anyone.

If you think I have said something incorrect on these forums, I would be happy to discuss it, rather than shutting down the conversation.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 12-15-2022 at 03:44 PM..
Old 12-15-2022, 03:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yup, nonsensical reason indeed. Please explain to new users what you mean. I honestly don't understand myself.

How am I a snake by posting video and log evidence from the game to back up my points and help other users learn more about the game?

Do you think I am somehow faking all of this? What possible motive could I have to try and post fake evidence to lead people astray?

If I wanted to troll people, it is way easier to just post troll comments, plenty of users already do that, and I wouldn't need to spend hours of my own time doing game reasearch.

Thanks Chortles!
Old 12-16-2022, 11:21 AM
Planar Protector

Jesus Christ here we go again.
Old 12-16-2022, 04:36 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yup, nonsensical reason indeed. Please explain to new users what you mean. I honestly don't understand myself.
As a newer person myself, but who's had ample time to read these forums on med breaks over the past couple months, perhaps I can explain; it might be easier to hear from someone other than the forum regulars who are always insulting you.

You clearly try to be helpful, and when you confine your discussion to strictly factual topics I do often learn something from you. I've watched a couple of your youtube videos, and they helped me understand what it's like to play a 60 torpor shaman.

But when the topic is less strictly factual or more subjective, it's much harder to give credence to what you say. Your reasoning and analysis are often obviously faulty. You shift the goalposts of what position you're trying to defend whenever it becomes clear you're defending a losing position.

You're incapable of conceding a trivial point of debate, to the point of completely derailing threads. When your arguments get challenged, you'll frequently say something like "but we're talking about X, not Y", when no one other than you has been talking about X.

When your debating habits frustrate other people (understandable) and they resort to personal insults (slightly less understandable), you defend yourself by saying you're just trying to educate newer players. Take it from a newer player: bloating a thread to hundreds of pages squabbling over trivia is not educational.

Here's an example of what I'm talking about, from the thread at hand. You start out saying:

Quote:
When you hit 45 you can use JBB. If you were killing guards to level from 25-40, you may have enough money to buy a JBB. JBB alone can easily level you solo from 45-60. That is what I did. I didn't have my Epic when leveling from 45-60. Having your Epic is nice, but it is much more expensive.
When you get challenged on that, you start talking about what you did back in the day:

Quote:
It depends on how many guards you kill. I got enough plat for JBB killing Misty Thicket Guards from 25-40, but that was back when there was an extra guard or two on the wall, and the spawn timers were 6 mins each (it has sadly been changed).
Do you understand that this is utterly useless? Saying that it used to be possible doesn't help a new player asking about how it feels to solo a self-funded new shaman. Instead, it made this thread all about you and your past interactions with other posters who are sick of your debating style. I know you didn't intend for that to happen, but I hope you can recognize it, reflect on it, and perhaps attempt in the future to not engage when someone disagrees with your argument. State your piece and then step away. That would be far more helpful for the new players you say you want to help.
Old 12-16-2022, 06:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcbrown [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As a newer person myself, but who's had ample time to read these forums on med breaks over the past couple months, perhaps I can explain; it might be easier to hear from someone other than the forum regulars who are always insulting you.

You clearly try to be helpful, and when you confine your discussion to strictly factual topics I do often learn something from you. I've watched a couple of your youtube videos, and they helped me understand what it's like to play a 60 torpor shaman.

But when the topic is less strictly factual or more subjective, it's much harder to give credence to what you say. Your reasoning and analysis are often obviously faulty. You shift the goalposts of what position you're trying to defend whenever it becomes clear you're defending a losing position.

You're incapable of conceding a trivial point of debate, to the point of completely derailing threads. When your arguments get challenged, you'll frequently say something like "but we're talking about X, not Y", when no one other than you has been talking about X.

When your debating habits frustrate other people (understandable) and they resort to personal insults (slightly less understandable), you defend yourself by saying you're just trying to educate newer players. Take it from a newer player: bloating a thread to hundreds of pages squabbling over trivia is not educational.

Here's an example of what I'm talking about, from the thread at hand. You start out saying:

When you get challenged on that, you start talking about what you did back in the day:

Do you understand that this is utterly useless? Saying that it used to be possible doesn't help a new player asking about how it feels to solo a self-funded new shaman. Instead, it made this thread all about you and your past interactions with other posters who are sick of your debating style. I know you didn't intend for that to happen, but I hope you can recognize it, reflect on it, and perhaps attempt in the future to not engage when someone disagrees with your argument. State your piece and then step away. That would be far more helpful for the new players you say you want to help.
There are a number of issues to address here:

1. The problem is there are many different opinions on this forum as to what "factual" and "subjective" are. Some people on this forum seem to believe the Math of how much HP you get per hour via regeneration is not "factual". Because of this, a lot of people will accuse me of "mixing fact and subjectivity". Usually when they say this, it is actually wrong, and they are trying to claim subjectivity where it isn't subjective. Can you give an actual quote of me doing this?

2. I am completely fine with conceding points. Again, can you give me an example? Often times the person is actually wrong, so conceding isn't the proper course of action. Should we just let people continue saying wrong information because it is "derailing" the conversation by not letting them get away with it?

3. The people who are throwing out the insults and trolling people are bloating the thread, not myself. They can choose to not troll, and refuse to do so. The reason why they keep posting so much nonsense is to bury what they don't like under said trolling and insults, so people can't find the opinions of the people they are trolling.

4. It is silly for you to claim that me talking about my past experiences "makes the thread about myself". I never start these conversations where people just come in and derail the conversation with things like "don't talk to this player". Don't blame me for what other people do.

5. You can farm 20k killing guards from 20-45 as a casual player, even today. Anybody who says otherwise is just wrong. If you can play 1-2 hours a day and farm just 50 platinum, you will have 18kpp in a year (365 days). That is quite casual, and very achievable. Often times you should be able to farm more than 50pp. Even today you can get up to 60pp per 30 minutes killing Misty Thicket Guards.

6. The reason why I bring up what I did in the past is because it is an example of a casual player like myself successfully getting enough platinum to afford JBB while it was still a good leveling tool. I specifically tell people my method is no longer viable so they don't inevitably ask what I did.

7. Finally, people don't really understand what "moving the goalposts" means either. It's easy to think I do that since people keep accusing me of it, but please give examples, and I will be able to show you I did not. Usually people think I "move goalposts" because they skim my replies and miss things.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 12-16-2022 at 07:25 PM..