Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 01-04-2023, 12:08 AM
Sarnak

I ripped the entire back half of the collar of my shirt off while pulling it over my head. I got it at a concert I went to with my friend about a decade ago?.. Yeah it was worn and full of holes but it made me think "where the hell is my Fall of Troy shirt? I loved that one" It was nothing too heart breaking but forgot that moment was coming
Old 01-04-2023, 05:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I remember leaping through the Georgia woods like a Gazelle carrying boxes of MREs in combat boots and fatigues. I didn't "feel" anything butt pure joy and power flowing through everything. I didn't feel separate from the not trail. There was a log I ran down it like Legolas from lord of the rings. There was no effort involved.

Then many decades later the decay set in. I'm still kind of horrified. Not terrified. It's like. Hard to explain. It's not the fear of death. It's the fear of being stuck this way and doing it all over again. Millions upon millions of times.

Now I remember the word I was thinking of. Frictionless life. That would be where people say everything looks easy and it is. "Weight" is not weight in the sense most of life is about.

And then BAM you get hit in the chest by a running back and your heart stops.

Or maybe you get in the wrong card game at Lolo's. Frictionless life -- Brad Pitt's character fly fishing in A River Runs Through It. Bam he went eventually.

There's friction. The river is real. But you can flow with the river to such an extent, it's not "resistance" -- no more than the surfed wave is resistance to the surfer.

And then BAM you land right on the stuck tail of a dead horseshoe crab right through your aorta.

It seems that resistance always has the last laugh, but I think we seek to make it futile, preferably by eliminating its most obtrusive forms. We invented wheels. We opted for the round ones. The rest has been more of the same. The path of least resistance.

The water way.

Until BAM your head hits the rock and yer a special olympian for life now.