Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 01-09-2023, 05:32 AM
Banned

Default Grouping after level 50 sucks if you can solo.

I'll still group with other players. Especially if they need a healer, namely because I enjoy seeing other people get to enjoy the game.

But I don't know. When I solo as my Shaman I'm basically looking at a 2nd monitor watching true crime videos and AFK farming mobs without a care in the world.

Then I join a group and I feel like my heads going to explode because I'm trying to buff/haste[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] four melees, slow mobs, root mobs because if I don't they gone beat me up, manage a pet, keep everyone alive, keep regrowth on myself, and mash cannibalize repeatedly until my carpal tunnel starts flaring up.

Meanwhile I'm actually getting significantly less experience and less $$$ because I don't even have time to loot, and out of no where a Construct of Sathir spawns on top of me and instantly kills me with harm touch because I was so low on HP from mashing cannibalize over and over and over again, and my group falls apart, and now I have less experience than when I started and I'm waiting on a boat so I can run back to KC to get my corpse because I forgot to bind outside the entrance.

The last part didn't actually happen, my group got me a 96% resurrection, and even logged on to alt characters to give me POTG and Clarity 2. I fake disconnected when our tank left and someone asked me if I could tank (I'm a Shaman; but I'm not a geared Shaman, nor do I have Torpor). It was mostly a positive experience, but I do feel like grouping as a Shaman can be hella' stressful compared to solo'ing.

Also a little bit of bonus material:

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

A staff of trainquility dropped and I lost the random on it.
Old 01-09-2023, 07:39 AM
Kobold

The best XP for shaman is going to be duo/trio with Melee, preferably someone you know well. Most players don't bring enough to Matter and are just XP leaches. Shaman with Melee or Enchanter with Healer (Cleric is best, but other healers can work decently in a Pinch. Everyone else can solo. Mage/Necro can fill in the Melee spot with a Shaman, but less efficient due Mage DS being significant DPS and Necro primarily Charms post 50. Cleric and Mage/other DPS is decent too. Generally good duo/trio will be Healer as the foundation and DPS/tank. Everyone else is kind of filler/waste of space.
Old 01-09-2023, 09:08 AM
Planar Protector

Try red. Group bonus applies post 50 there?
Old 01-09-2023, 10:31 AM
Planar Protector

Just exclusively duo w/ war or monk. Best of both worlds.
Old 01-09-2023, 10:37 AM
Sarnak

Try somewhere other than KC and in a duo or trio
Old 01-09-2023, 11:08 AM
Kobold

You group to hang out. But p99 is so long established now, that everyone is on their 6th alt, and has well established guild and friend cliques, that they don't really connect in random pug groups anymore.

So ya, it's all about rushing to 60 now solo/duo.
Old 01-09-2023, 12:45 PM
Sarnak

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by mycoolrausch [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You group to hang out. But p99 is so long established now, that everyone is on their 6th alt, and has well established guild and friend cliques, that they don't really connect in random pug groups anymore.

So ya, it's all about rushing to 60 now solo/duo.
Rushing to 60 beacuse hopelessly addicted lootgoblins. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

"KEEP UR HANDS OFF MY GLASS-PIPE/EXPS/PIXELS"
Old 01-09-2023, 12:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raj [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Rushing to 60 beacuse hopelessly addicted lootgoblins. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

"KEEP UR HANDS OFF MY GLASS-PIPE/EXPS/PIXELS"
The real trick is to rush to 46 and park in ToV until you're near BiS.
Old 01-09-2023, 01:08 PM
Planar Protector

Full groups are only worth it if well-built. KC groups are rarely well-built.

1(War/Knight/RNG), 1CLR, at least 1ENC, 3 dps (ENC, NEC, MAG, ROG > MNK, very geared WAR). Can substitute 1 dps for a SHM if you aren't using a knight. Skilled rangers as a dps also make great pullers in the FFA that is KC. In my experience, another groups' monk takes a mob from my camp -once- and they'll be lucky to get another named the rest of the night- track and spawn sequence memory/timing ftw

With care given to ensure everyone is similar level (no 59's in LCY or RCY when the rest of the group is low 50's ffs). Not following these guidelines, especially in KC, is a recipe for utterly shit exp. Also don't overbuild groups for the mobs you have available. Sometimes when KC is busy a camp can only support a duo or trio.

Fuck KC sucks, I hate how popular it is.
Old 01-09-2023, 01:50 PM
Planar Protector

I love going to KC on my wizard. I med 3 mana / second and cast my 3 damage / mana spells to achieve a formidable rolling dps of 9.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung