Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 01-09-2023, 06:15 PM
Planar Protector

Charisma should let you talk your way outa fights with a memblur style check. And dex should let you walk away with all the big ticket loots.
Old 01-09-2023, 06:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Charisma should let you talk your way outa fights with a memblur style check. And dex should let you walk away with all the big ticket loots.
Beg on aggroed mobs should be chance to rogue evade or drop off aggro entirely fd stule on critical success.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 01-09-2023, 07:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WokeCat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The Bryan Kohberger thing is driving me wild because the whole thing is so bizarre and unreal. I still can't really understand what actually happened, or the motive.
Oh the the sorority stabber dude?

I saw in an article staff at a bar he used to frequent had to ask him to stop asking girl staff members there what time they got off work and weird shit like where they lived. Apparently after they asked him to stop he never came back

I also saw he had a female friend who vouched for him but I noticed it was a friend, not an ex. To my knowledge the dude had no gf I heard about. So possibly a chronically single dude

He apparently was really interested in finding out both from criminology and the convicts themselves the process of like stalking and approaching the victim. Sort of like probably getting excitement from the idea of hunting people

That all plus his choice to go for pretty sorority girls gave me Ted Bundy wannabe misogynist incel kinda vibes. But I dunno
Old 01-09-2023, 07:47 PM
Banned

I dunno I had a blast in a KC group with only two necros "healing", me tanking on a war and i think 2 monks and a rogue. Every mob just melted, CC wasn't even necessary as long as everyone assisted. Made like 1.5 yellows in a couple hours.

Shaman can easily solo to 60 yeah, especially with the stupidly easy to get epic, so it's not surprising you enjoy soloing more. Once there's more than one of you at a raid though you're kinda redundant esp if you don't have torp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-09-2023, 08:45 PM
Orc

Yep, grouping generally blows in this game. It blows all game it is just more noticable when you need 4x as much xp for a level suddenly at 50.
Old 01-09-2023, 09:05 PM
Banned

I found grouping to be the most enjoying aspect of playing P99, but not on a Shaman.

God help you if you're the main "healer" too. Because everyone will expect you to do everything else you do as well.

Then you have a fast pulling Monk who doesn't check chat for 'lom', so you canni down to 20%, then he complains he doesn't instantly re-hasted as soon as his drops, etc.

I can understand why a lot of Shaman solo instead.

But besides that, grouping is unique in Everquest. No other game comes close to the same experience.
Old 01-10-2023, 01:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I dunno I had a blast in a KC group with only two necros "healing", me tanking on a war and i think 2 monks and a rogue. Every mob just melted, CC wasn't even necessary as long as everyone assisted. Made like 1.5 yellows in a couple hours.

Shaman can easily solo to 60 yeah, especially with the stupidly easy to get epic, so it's not surprising you enjoy soloing more. Once there's more than one of you at a raid though you're kinda redundant esp if you don't have torp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Necro + bard is all you need to heal 99% of braindead XP groups.
Old 01-10-2023, 06:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Necro + bard is all you need to heal 99% of braindead XP groups.
It's true. I have no idea what clerics are doing to go OOM so much, especially somewhere like KC LCY. I've literally healed there on a ranger before (I was in wolf form, let them believe I was a druid :P).

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 01-10-2023, 07:24 PM
Planar Protector

Yep tru!
Old 01-10-2023, 07:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's true. I have no idea what clerics are doing to go OOM so much, especially somewhere like KC LCY. I've literally healed there on a ranger before (I was in wolf form, let them believe I was a druid :P).
Ranger healing is no joke if you've got C2 and are dancing your heals between med ticks lol