Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Old 01-20-2023, 06:32 AM
Planar Protector

��

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 01-21-2023, 04:56 AM
Kobold

I remember spawning as a skeleton in the field of bone quite often and pissing off enough people that they grouped up and whacked me - although sometimes I would spawn in completely dead zones and had nothing to do - it was an amazing and exciting concept I would really like to see this again
Old 01-22-2023, 12:16 AM
Fire Giant

I remember playing with this feature and it would spawn you in unpopulated zones half the time like lake rathe. The most fun was when you were in newb zones.
Old 01-22-2023, 04:15 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am a big proponent of this and would like to see it included in some way, maybe even expanded upon.
nilbog is so red

Lets look into that when red 2.0 hits velious though.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 01-22-2023, 03:02 PM
Planar Protector

Everyone in this thread touched on what it was like back when they implemented this feature.

It was fun but you got bored quickly. It would often put you in obscure zones that nobody was in. There were some fun interactions I remember having with players tho.

The most memorable was when I spawned as a spider in upper guk and fucking with these 2 trolls and an ogre who I'm assuming were grouped up. They would try and hit me once and run away assuming I was a real npc and would follow them. When I didn't, they did this awkward shuffle as they peaked back around the corner to see where I was. I kept this up until they just gave up trying to pull me (assuming I was just bugged) and I sniped the ogre when they were trying to med up and were wounded. The two trolls eventually chased me down to avenge their fallen comrade...but it was funny watching players go WTF because you weren't acting how a mob should act lol.

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Old 01-22-2023, 03:19 PM
Planar Protector

It was only in for such a short time.

I think that is a part of it’s enduring nostalgia. It wouldn’t work as a long term feature of red.

To recreate it’s fleeting moment in the sun I’d suggest it be something that is only rarely toggled on. For xp weekend holidays and stuff. Especially as these tend to be thr busiest times on servers.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 01-22-2023, 05:46 PM
Skeleton

I only tried it a couple times. Was a willowisp in WC and a lion in WC. There were no actual players in zone, no communication with anyone and it got very boring very fast.

Maybe if I had lucked in to a better placed mob it would have been different?
Old 01-22-2023, 06:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
To recreate it’s fleeting moment in the sun I’d suggest it be something that is only rarely toggled on. For xp weekend holidays and stuff. Especially as these tend to be thr busiest times on servers.
Or even as a random chance of M upon when logging in, adding a rare but potentially costly inconvenience to raiders when it quakes, who would then have to log out and back in to access their elves. If a player wants to go through the hassle of doing that repeatedly to try to gain access to Project M, by all means. A decent QoL change might be to let the player choose the "starting" zone, just not the monster.
Old 01-22-2023, 06:33 PM
Banned

i spawned as an orc in tox, couldn’t find anyone to kill so never tried again
Old 01-22-2023, 10:59 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Spawned in Qeynos Hills as a higher leveled Gnoll with a weapon in one of the few attempts and absolutely caused a lowbie riot that forced a higher level to come murder me.

Much more fun than like like... lvl 2 rat outside Surefall that got shanked almost immediately.