Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 01-24-2023, 08:49 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alarria [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Or one of the million trains that are not intentional that happen all the time in Unrest? That video didn't show anyone training you. Stuff upstairs aggros cause of Z-axis all the time. Someone could have dipped out through the hag tower and not even known a group was in MR.
Not everyone playing the game is recording it. In fact, I would say most arenÂ’t. The person who was recording was a complete noob, itÂ’s why they died instead of simply running to the zone line. ItÂ’s why they also had no clue what a train was or what happened.

Being a high level player who actually has situational awareness and who didnÂ’t die instantly and actually saw what happened I have absolutely zero doubt that this train was done intentionally.

Explain to me a situation where a high level bard (who is basically immune to dying in UR) has to pull every single mob from the basement, and then proceed to run upstairs and pull every single mob upstairs and jump out of the tower without ever announcing a train?

Our group was quite literally the only group in the zone when this happened, which is why we were running a skeleton crew (we invite anyone who wants to join, and weÂ’re cognizant not to pull mobs from other peopleÂ’s camps). This notion that it was multiple groups or players accidentally training us from different angles is very lol. Had that been the case when I logged on to my cleric I would have resurrected them, but this never happened.

Also the idea that the game glitches and somehow you get mushrooms and tentacle terrors from deep in the basement along with the hand from upstairs, all of Hag tower is lol. IÂ’d say the average player on P99 has hundreds of hours in UR at this point, and no one has seen a glitch like this (which is why the more experienced players in the group are pointing out that mobs came out of the basement and ran upstairs).

I guess the moral of the story is that posting some video evidence is worse than posting none, because again this was from the perspective of a noob who had no clue what was going on and died instantly. If you saw the POV from my character (the entire zone of mobs in CY) you would be like damn thatÂ’s a lot of mobs.

Also Lewzilla zoning back in 100%hp and no one being in Dagnors Cauldron. And yes Lewzilla was in the zone before any of this happened. I noticed because we had a Necromancer named Lewsifer in our group who had to log off and suddenly Lewzilla showed up and I wondered if they were the same person because IÂ’m inquisitive by nature.

After that happened though I doubt it was the same person because they were chill and their necro wasnÂ’t a twink really.
Old 01-24-2023, 09:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In 2010 I think me and my group managed to train all of mm several times a night.

I'm a better person now and would just stand and die.

Butt back then if MM didn't have at least 13 trains in a 6 hr session something was wrong (not taking credit for all 13 (and they where all p much accidental)).

Just a bit of history.

I think a light touch is good when it comes to trains. They happen. Sometimes the offending party just needs to be forcibly logged off with a polite msg about it. And maybe a 48 hr naptime. No permanent marks. Especially if they aren't consistently offending.
i would never do this, but from the zone in of MM you can type /target Lasna or /target any mob in that area and cast level 1 lull on her over and over again until you get a critical resist, and she will then proceed to run through the entire castle pulling every mob with her and all the way through the zone up to the zone line

People used to do this to me and my friend when we would be camping Dhamp and they wanted it

Really hard to catch the person responsible and most people at various camps in the zone just blame each other

I imagine the person doing it was likely using a level 1 cleric on a throwaway account

We got smart and eventually learned to either gate or /camp anytime we started reading a ton of mobs raging and realized there was one other anonymous player in the zone every time this happened (this would be like 4am on work nights). It would also be right before 8pm most of the time, it’s like the person was counting on Dhamp popping at that time and just wanted to get us out of the way.

We figured this out after the rushing back to our camp following gating out to find a high level anonymous Druid in wolf form killing Dhamp. Happened several times. Like clockwork. I didn’t know PNP was even a thing back then or that the GMs would have helped, or I would have called the cops for sure. I figured it was old school eq where anything goes.
Old 01-24-2023, 09:16 PM
Aviak

lol can som1 pls tell me how to zone out of this fucking place, i rund own the hall and die every time
Old 01-24-2023, 09:20 PM
Aviak

its funny af seeing xubb running around back there lmfao
Old 01-24-2023, 09:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by WokeCat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i would never do this, but from the zone in of MM you can type /target Lasna or /target any mob in that area and cast level 1 lull on her over and over again until you get a critical resist, and she will then proceed to run through the entire castle pulling every mob with her and all the way through the zone up to the zone line

People used to do this to me and my friend when we would be camping Dhamp and they wanted it

Really hard to catch the person responsible and most people at various camps in the zone just blame each other

I imagine the person doing it was likely using a level 1 cleric on a throwaway account

We got smart and eventually learned to either gate or /camp anytime we started reading a ton of mobs raging and realized there was one other anonymous player in the zone every time this happened (this would be like 4am on work nights). It would also be right before 8pm most of the time, it’s like the person was counting on Dhamp popping at that time and just wanted to get us out of the way.

We figured this out after the rushing back to our camp following gating out to find a high level anonymous Druid in wolf form killing Dhamp. Happened several times. Like clockwork. I didn’t know PNP was even a thing back then or that the GMs would have helped, or I would have called the cops for sure. I figured it was old school eq where anything goes.
That is the perfect scenario for the coos. Definitely agree in this case.

I've pvpd at the big vampire guy in the back there. By the fountain. With levi and stuff. Invis and gate and bind are op in mm. Great zone. Good times!
Old 01-24-2023, 09:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That is the perfect scenario for the *cops*. Definitely agree in this case.

I've pvpd at the big vampire guy in the back there. By the fountain. With levi and stuff. Invis and gate and bind are op in mm. Great zone. Good times!
Old 01-24-2023, 09:41 PM
Aviak

hiiiii magent tes s <3
Old 01-24-2023, 09:45 PM
Planar Protector

Hey!

I'm bored. Butt too weak to rly play (

Been reading the wiki all day dreaming of my eq adventures and the new ones I want to embark upon!

You ever do that when u just can't play rly?
Old 01-24-2023, 09:58 PM
Banned

Isn’t it weird how wokecat and magentaress have never been seen together in game

Seems a little odd
Old 01-24-2023, 10:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by WokeCat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Isn’t it weird how wokecat and magentaress have never been seen together in game

Seems a little odd
i got a similar problem

can't find any pics of miley cyrus and hannah montana together