Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Old 01-31-2023, 03:35 PM
Aviak

Default Ice Burrowers in WW

What's a good group makeup look like to kill these stupid worms? Figure 4-6 available players, reasonably (but nowhere near BiS) raid geared.

We're looking for cash monies in the non-traditional camps and, since EVERYONE hates these damn worms, I thought I'd see what kind of group we'd need.

Cheers.
Old 01-31-2023, 03:37 PM
Planar Protector

Can't they be solo'd with snare kiting? I don't think they summon. Also not very lucrative.

Have you guys done G Wurms in Skyfire? Can be done with a lot of different group makeups but harmony and tash sticks (if no enc) help a lot.

Prot / tola / juggs...not exactly unconventional but a little more interesting than anything else Sebilis has to offer for 4-6 players.
Last edited by Toxigen; 01-31-2023 at 03:54 PM..
Old 01-31-2023, 03:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can't they be solo'd with snare kiting? I don't think they summon.
yep, get an epic druid, and you can fall sleep killing these with anyone
Old 01-31-2023, 03:58 PM
Planar Protector

Yeah they don't summon, they run at normal speed, and they don't have high HP regeneration like the Dragons. Most classes could solo them if they spent enough time lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fsvt1xfuqY - Took an hour on my Shaman. Wouldn't recommend it, but it can be done.

The only requirement is all of your group members need some way to increase their movement speed. This is because the AoE proc also dispels. By the time you are high enough level to fight Ice Burrowers, that shouldn't be a problem in any group composition.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 01-31-2023 at 04:19 PM..
Old 01-31-2023, 04:23 PM
Planar Protector

If you want to fight burrowers conventionally in melee you'll want the same type of group composition you'd have for nest dragons, then add some extra burst healing to cover for when the burrowers proc their AE several times back-to-back. You definitely don't need a full group or high-end equipment. The wife and I have Thurgadin-level (or equivalent) stuff and we've fought those plenty using various tactics.

If you weren't aware, unlike most monsters, the borrower's AE spell is in fact a melee proc--it will never activate if the burrower isn't attacking someone. That, coupled with their slow movement and lack of summon, is why most people kite them.

Danth
Old 01-31-2023, 04:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you want to fight burrowers conventionally in melee you'll want the same type of group composition you'd have for nest dragons, then add some extra burst healing to cover for when the burrowers proc their AE several times back-to-back. You definitely don't need a full group or high-end equipment. The wife and I have Thurgadin-level (or equivalent) stuff and we've fought those plenty using various tactics.

If you weren't aware, unlike most monsters, the borrower's AE spell is in fact a melee proc--it will never activate if the burrower isn't attacking someone. That, coupled with their slow movement and lack of summon, is why most people kite them.

Danth
Yeah the biggest concern with the burrowers is their AoE proc. Even with 240ish Cold Resistance I was getting hit more than half the time. You can't really out-resistance it, so I agree having heal support is nice for when they proc back-to-back.
Old 01-31-2023, 04:45 PM
Planar Protector

Soloed one on a 60 ranger in about an hour and a quarter iirc. It dropped no silk nor chest. Didn't do again.

Duod a few with a druid and that was MUCH faster.

IDK how the aggro changes have affected aggro kiting these. Duoing them was like 30 mins prekite. If you have a group of 4 or 5 aggro kiting them you'll spend more time looking for /moving between burrowers and handling adds than killing them.

Good luck op, I look forward to seeing you report your progress!

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 01-31-2023, 04:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Soloed one on a 60 ranger in about an hour and a quarter iirc. It dropped no silk nor chest. Didn't do again.

Duod a few with a druid and that was MUCH faster.

IDK how the aggro changes have affected aggro kiting these. Duoing them was like 30 mins prekite. If you have a group of 4 or 5 aggro kiting them you'll spend more time looking for /moving between burrowers and handling adds than killing them.

Good luck op, I look forward to seeing you report your progress!
You can just kite them on the waters edge, like I do in the video I posted above. Much easier and safer than trying to kill them in the middle of the zone.
Old 01-31-2023, 04:53 PM
Planar Protector

I think with 5 people, you'd be killing them so fast you may run out of pulls near the waters edge, and have to pull them from pretty deep in to the zone. I suppose it wouldn't be too bad if puller has ToV faction and invis animals?

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 01-31-2023, 05:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think with 5 people, you'd be killing them so fast you may run out of pulls near the waters edge, and have to pull them from pretty deep in to the zone. I suppose it wouldn't be too bad if puller has ToV faction and invis animals?
That is true. If you are churning through Ice Burrowers, pulling to the waters edge may take more time. But yeah everybody would have to be Dragon factioned, or your Druid would need to be very proactive with Harmo hehe. Both methods have their tradeoffs, and it would come down to your group composition and player laziness at that point.

Water's edge is safer/easier, and faction is generally irrelevant. Group comp is less of an issue too. But pull times can slow you down.

Being in the middle of the zone is faster, but has more requirements. Ideally everybody would be Dragon factioned, and you have a Druid/Ranger for Harmony. People need to pay more attention too.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 01-31-2023 at 05:54 PM..