Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Old 01-31-2023, 08:55 PM
Planar Protector

Yea they dont summon and are a pain to snare even with a druid epic.

I'd faction to dragons. Aggro kite with flame lick and get some pet classes who can movement speed buff their pets (ideally who backstab). Chasing those things with a PC sucks.
Old 01-31-2023, 10:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yea they dont summon and are a pain to snare even with a druid epic.

I'd faction to dragons. Aggro kite with flame lick and get some pet classes who can movement speed buff their pets (ideally who backstab). Chasing those things with a PC sucks.
One of the biggest benefits of pulling to the waters edge is you don't need to snare. You can just safely run them back and forth across the zone. They are big enough to where it isn't too hard to hit them. A snaring class isn't strictly required, you just need your whole group to have movement speed buffs, ideally SoW pots or Jboots so they can re-apply them if the AoE drops it.
Old 02-01-2023, 03:41 AM
Planar Protector

Honestly it doesn’t take that long to cast ensnare the 20 times required to get it to land. Just extra aggro to keep the iceburrower interested in the kiter imo.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXX Dung

Old 02-01-2023, 06:17 AM
Fire Giant

Have not tried it after the aggro changes so it may have changed some but typically just Glamour of tunare an animal (rhino / wooly) tash the burrower run around casting ensnare on it until it finally lands, then cast glamour and firelick every so often to hold aggro off your pet while kiting it.... and the ability to not fall asleep doing this for the next 8+ minutes for most likely nothing
Foxlich [60 Necromancer] Foxplosion [60 Wizard]
Foxstab [60 Rogue] /Foxcharming [60 Enchanter] / Foxfrenzy [60 Warrior]
Old 02-01-2023, 07:13 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
One of the biggest benefits of pulling to the waters edge is you don't need to snare. You can just safely run them back and forth across the zone. They are big enough to where it isn't too hard to hit them. A snaring class isn't strictly required, you just need your whole group to have movement speed buffs, ideally SoW pots or Jboots so they can re-apply them if the AoE drops it.
Yep never said it was needed.

If the Druid or ranger aggro kiting wants to mix in ensnare with flame lick they might get lucky and all the better. After a dozen or so flame licks the worm shouldn’t be turning on the pets to aoe. If faction’ed you just have to worry about other worms and wolves.

Worst case it kills a pet. Summon another, haste and speed. Back to it.
Old 02-01-2023, 07:59 AM
Sarnak

Druid to snare and firefist? whatever that low level agro nuke is.. then kite.

Then some DPS.

I used to solo them a lot for the silk with a charmed wolf or mammoth/rhino.

Gave away a load of them Monk BPs too.
Old 02-01-2023, 08:33 AM
Kobold

I usually pull them to the dragon necropolis entrance. Not many mobs path around that canyon. Druid tracking is also quite nice for quick pulls
Old 02-01-2023, 09:00 AM
Kobold

I have done solo with a necro where I aggro kite. Also did this with a Necro and 2 monks. The 2 monks was really fast killing - and YES! Pull to the DN scar for the safest kills.
Just make sure you have either SoW or JBoots if you don't have a druid to epic snare.
Old 02-01-2023, 10:26 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarleon8503 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have done solo with a necro where I aggro kite. Also did this with a Necro and 2 monks. The 2 monks was really fast killing - and YES! Pull to the DN scar for the safest kills.
Just make sure you have either SoW or JBoots if you don't have a druid to epic snare.
Same, spam cast the level 12 snare until it sticks. Spam the lvl 1 disease dot til it sticks to build aggro, let pet widdle it down while you keep spamming the snare/dot to maintain aggro. May end up having to recast pet a few times if aggro drops. Takes about 45 minutes and the money isn't great. But its cool to do a few times.
Old 02-04-2023, 03:05 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxplay [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Have not tried it after the aggro changes so it may have changed some but typically just Glamour of tunare an animal (rhino / wooly) tash the burrower run around casting ensnare on it until it finally lands, then cast glamour and firelick every so often to hold aggro off your pet while kiting it.... and the ability to not fall asleep doing this for the next 8+ minutes for most likely nothing
This was my experience too. Did it at 57 pre-epic. Farmed like 10-12 or so to get the monk chest for my brother and bailed. Super boring and the silks aren't super common (got like 3 from the 12ish I killed)