Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Old 05-03-2023, 02:08 PM
Banned

Default Not your typical "unroot Dragons" thread

Many players enjoyed the FTE lockout meta era and many players didn't for differing reasons.

Pros:

1) Competitiveness for initial FTE was extremely fun for many players.
2) Smaller guilds were allowed to compete without Zerg guilds crushing simply due to the number of personnel and/or bots.
3) Maximized contribution from smaller guilds' members while minimizing soakers, which has proliferated under the "zerg" meta.

Cons:

1) 2-5% of a guild were having fun while the remaining 95%-98% logged in at the zone in upon FTE bp, killed dragon, then logged out.
2) Unrooted dragons and trains were flying all over the place causing considerable chaos and thus making it difficult, tedious, and unreasonable for Staff to determine faulty players and take corrective action.

Why not have a compromise?

Keep the dragons rooted and bring back the FTE lockout meta.

Spit balling here: 20 minute lockout timers on all East / West ToV targets, Kunark and Classic dragons, Hate, Fear Golems, Statue, and 1 hour lockout timer on all North Wing ToV, KT, Dain, AoW, CT, Sont/Klandi/Zlandi and Yelinak. Killing Statue does NOT automatically give you rights to AoW, if we really wanted to spice things up. (or not, whatever)

In order to prevent cheesing the underlying goal of the system, a simple rule dictating "no DA's allowed" would eliminate armies of mage bots on the line, the requirement for constant idol farming, and increase the overall fun factor for everyone. Strategy would be necessary, not a simple mindless click and run nor whichever guild can level up the most bot accounts or have the most amount of people.

Discuss
Last edited by SantagarBrax; 05-03-2023 at 02:10 PM.. Reason: added spaces
Old 05-03-2023, 02:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by SantagarBrax [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Many players enjoyed the FTE lockout meta era and many players didn't for differing reasons.

Pros:

1) Competitiveness for initial FTE was extremely fun for many players.
2) Smaller guilds were allowed to compete without Zerg guilds crushing simply due to the number of personnel and/or bots.
3) Maximized contribution from smaller guilds' members while minimizing soakers, which has proliferated under the "zerg" meta.

Cons:

1) 2-5% of a guild were having fun while the remaining 95%-98% logged in at the zone in upon FTE bp, killed dragon, then logged out.
2) Unrooted dragons and trains were flying all over the place causing considerable chaos and thus making it difficult, tedious, and unreasonable for Staff to determine faulty players and take corrective action.

Why not have a compromise?

Keep the dragons rooted and bring back the FTE lockout meta.

Spit balling here: 20 minute lockout timers on all East / West ToV targets, Kunark and Classic dragons, Hate, Fear Golems, Statue, and 1 hour lockout timer on all North Wing ToV, KT, Dain, AoW, CT, Sont/Klandi/Zlandi and Yelinak. Killing Statue does NOT automatically give you rights to AoW, if we really wanted to spice things up. (or not, whatever)

In order to prevent cheesing the underlying goal of the system, a simple rule dictating "no DA's allowed" would eliminate armies of mage bots on the line, the requirement for constant idol farming, and increase the overall fun factor for everyone. Strategy would be necessary, not a simple mindless click and run nor whichever guild can level up the most bot accounts or have the most amount of people.

Discuss

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=406515
Old 05-03-2023, 02:15 PM
Banned

Troll fanboy without 5 min's, Another P99 First :laugh:
Old 05-03-2023, 02:17 PM
Sarnak

Wants zerg rules when he's part of banquish, wants FTE lockouts when he joins GOML splinter. makes a lot of sense [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-03-2023, 02:42 PM
Banned

It's not what I want, it's what the Project needs: a different meta.

I've never advocated for zerg rules, I've always hated it and I've stated the reasons above, specifically "3) Maximized contribution from smaller guilds' members while minimizing soakers, which has proliferated under the "zerg" meta."

In fact, I've stated in the past that I was in Riot for 16 months and it was extremely boring. Not because of anything on Riot's part, simply due to the meta and lack of competition.
Last edited by SantagarBrax; 05-03-2023 at 02:46 PM.. Reason: a
Old 05-03-2023, 03:18 PM
Planar Protector

At this point you probably need to go full Eisley and reroll to an unknown char. Hope that helps UCF.
Old 05-03-2023, 03:21 PM
Planar Protector

Man, Vanquish splintering off really has UCF in a bind. Will he tuck tail and return to Riot?

Pixel sickness fo realz.
Old 05-03-2023, 04:25 PM
Banned

More obscure pontification from the Trolls of Grobb, including the leader Ripqozko and head racist in charge, Toxigen. (confessed in public)

Must be a slow day for defunct Trolls. Notice their inability to process, let alone contribute, to an idea in any meaningful manner.

It's no wonder their city was overran by the Frogloks and the name changed to Gukta.
Old 05-03-2023, 04:42 PM
Banned

Back to the adult conversation..

The current meta is detrimental to the overall health of this Project. Simplifying everything to the lowest common denominator is not exciting nor rewarding.

Competition is healthy in every scenario and infinitely more enjoyable. This Project has turned into the same thing every other emulator out there offers.

How long has the zerg meta been in play? At least since the days of Aftermath, I believe.

If you have ideas about the current meta, good or bad, feel free to voice them.
Old 05-04-2023, 06:19 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripqozko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
At this point you probably need to go full Eisley and reroll to an unknown char. Hope that helps UCF.
eh? I never re-rolled.

You were one of my favorite posters, don't let me down now!