Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2020, 12:01 PM
Sarnak

Default Necro lvl 15-16 struggle

First let me say, I understand, it is an operator error, I'm just bad, slow clumsy player. I have mage at high 20's, druid at mid 20's, but I'm struggling to get my necro over 16. I lost count but I think I dropped 5-6 times from lvl 16 back to lvl 15. I just can't seems to make it over 16...

My problem is, I don't know how to properly use right spells and especially which spells for which mobs.

On sisters enrolis island for example, I dropped 50 or 60% from lvl16, mostly because of mu clumsiness I will admit. They keep socially aggro and I could only kill 1 at a time. If I sit on a beach waiting for one to show up, I kill 1 every 15 minutes, waaaaay to slow to level up. Died twice trying to go on a boat, didn't even know I have invisibility spell, just to give you idea how bad player I am. (gnome necro)

So last time I asked in game, where would be a good solo place for my necro 15-16 I was told to go to Oasis, going after gnolls and crocs. The only think I know how to use (I think) is fear kite: engulf darkenss, send pet, fear and DOT. Well everything is kos in that area, lots of roaming stuff, white, yellow and even red mobs. I soon got killed several times, this fear just makes target mob runs around and pulls one or two others.

Also, tried gnoll, I was told to use that spell that hits undead only, which I have, but I exhausted all my mana by the time I killed him. And it was blue not white or yellow. (and then i got killed by random wandering something while i was without mana trying to meditate)

Bottom line, I'm flying leveling with Mage, it goes so fast and easy, Druid is much slower, but at least I can level, but with necro, which should be the easiest, I'm stuck, keep dying and can't get into lvl 16 and higher. (have feing death spell, just didn't have chance to use it yet)

My question: next I will go to Gorge of King Xorbb which per wiki is good for necros, but can someone please tell me, which exactly (and in what order) spells I should use for certain type of mobsters?

If I ask online, similar level necro I mostly get response see wiki and go read Sesendrics guide. Sorry, it is a book, too much, too complicated, I tried it, too much info, I'm a simple, slow older player, I just need simple help, what mob, where, which spells to use and in which order. And wiki does not tell you which spells and what rotation to use on certain types ob mobs. Just go there for gnolls is not helpful.

I tried several places that wiki suggest or other suggested and I'm keep dying since I don't know how to use spells.

Some guide suggest to keep run 100% of the time that spell that converts HP to mana. Well I don't understand that spell, I just die faster then. I understand with leach I'm then converting back my mana to HP and all is nice in theory, but when i try I just die faster, since I'm not sure what exactly rotation I should be using and when and on which types of mobs. Any exact dumbed down explanation would be appreciated [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

This necro seems cursed. So I'm running yesterday (hugging the wall) through LF when someone ask me, to help him retrieve corpse. Just as I finally got to lvl 16 yet again. Got killed twice and of course, that poor fella was still without his corpse.

Anyway, please help this slow clumsy player, I would like to level up my necro as well. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

p.s. (I'm playing solo, please don't suggest grouping, I don't enjoy groups or duos)
Last edited by pivo; 07-11-2020 at 12:04 PM..
Old 07-11-2020, 03:03 PM
Kobold

Well, first step is to understand Feign Death is your “get out of jail free” card. You mention constantly dying, but feign death is literally built so that you should never have to die. Keep ~30% mana at all times, and at the first sign of trouble, FD and reset. I’d recommend making sure your Abjuration skill has not been neglected so you can rely on less fizzles.

It sounds like your major trouble is specifically around pulling, and being aware of your surroundings (social aggro). I’d work on finding safe areas free from monsters, and then pulling a single monster to your safe area away from roaming trouble.
Last edited by Saisu; 07-11-2020 at 03:25 PM..
Old 07-11-2020, 03:34 PM
Fire Giant

You should be at the sisters in Lesser Faydark untill you are level 18-19. There are 4 sisters that you kill there. They are social so they will assist each other but all you have to do warranting you can get the camp.. is ask someone to help you split them so you can fight them one at a time. Once the camp is broken.. youll want to start the fight with your level 12 snare... Fear... Then send pet. This area won't have wandering mobs that will aggro onto you making your kiting harder so it might be easier for you to learn how to kite effectively here. You will make some decent platinum with their bronze weapons and awesome xp up until 19. Or you can always just go get a group in Oasis.
45 Dark Elf Wizard - Smurf PVP
41 Enchanter - Jeffery PVP
37 Iksar Monk - Buster PVP
26 Human Ranger - Kenny PVP
RED99
Old 07-11-2020, 06:50 PM
Planar Protector

There is no konami code in EQ.

It sounds like you are playing the game far too lackadaisically. Your choices are going to come down to: finding a different game to play, starting to pay much closer attention, or just keep dying all the time. If you don't want to read guides, especially when you are struggling with a given class, it really doesn't bode well for your likelihood of improving your EQ skills.

And you aren't dying because you are old/clumsy.You are dying because you are not very good at EQ. That's ok. You will get better with effort and everyone started off playing EQ pretty poorly with plenty of stupid deaths to go around. After awhile a lot of things that previously "took effort" will come naturally to you, sort of like riding a bike.
Old 07-11-2020, 07:49 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There is no konami code in EQ.

It sounds like you are playing the game far too lackadaisically. Your choices are going to come down to: finding a different game to play, starting to pay much closer attention, or just keep dying all the time. If you don't want to read guides, especially when you are struggling with a given class, it really doesn't bode well for your likelihood of improving your EQ skills.

And you aren't dying because you are old/clumsy.You are dying because you are not very good at EQ. That's ok. You will get better with effort and everyone started off playing EQ pretty poorly with plenty of stupid deaths to go around. After awhile a lot of things that previously "took effort" will come naturally to you, sort of like riding a bike.
What DMN said.
45 Dark Elf Wizard - Smurf PVP
41 Enchanter - Jeffery PVP
37 Iksar Monk - Buster PVP
26 Human Ranger - Kenny PVP
RED99
Old 07-11-2020, 08:46 PM
Planar Protector

I can't speak for other Necro players but for me it's all about efficiency. Gotta find the balance between how many dots to use with how much damage your pet will do so you can ensure you get full exp.

Spell order? Check wiki for durations and use the longest dot first, then darkness (unless that's the longest), then fear, pet DPS and meditate.

Check wiki to get a rough idea of monster health and plan on enough dots for around 60% of the mobs life. If the dots aren't wearing off before the mob dies then either the dots are too strong (or too many) or skellybro is doing too much damage and you're losing exp.

If adds are a problem try another place that has single wandering mobs that you could pull up by an out of the way hill. Gnome Necro you say? What deity? If you don't mind trashing your Qeynos evil guild faction then check my guide in my signature for Qeynos questing, rabid grizzly or bandit sashes is crazy exp at your level.
Old 07-11-2020, 08:54 PM
Kobold

16 is high enough to have root via Hungry Earth if you do the research or buy the spell. with root, splitting a camp is as easy as starting with rooting one, killing the other that isn't rooted.
I also split with a necro by opening with snare, sending in the pet on the snared one, fear the non-snared, and then spending 15 seconds finishing off the snared/pet engaged one before the returning feared one. you could also send in the pet on the non-snared mob, which would engage the skeleton, allowing you to circle and keep adding spells to either mob, an engulf on mob 2 for instance.
If you are dying to a single blue mob, and do not have room to fear kite, you must not have faith on your skeleton tanking. send him in, count to five before you engulf, heat blood. mob comes to you, but only after the 2nd dot hits, and slowly, then you take a turn at tanking. mob will be dead before you are seriously harmed, this from someone in nonmagical cloth. have a health tap available in case you do get some decent dmg on you, but normally it isn't a big deal.
Because mages have direct nukes, at 16-20, it is easier to womp on the first mob and get to the 2nd before anything bad happens. necro is a little trickier until you get root, due to dots taking a while.
Old 07-11-2020, 10:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tann [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
plan on enough dots for around 60% of the mobs life.
note that I only have exp up to the 30's, prob not correct for later levels
Old 07-11-2020, 10:32 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saisu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well, first step is to understand Feign Death is your “get out of jail free” card.
I know, in a panic I twice tried and failed to trigger Gate (automatic click since this is what I used all this time on my 3 toons so far) After I died I recalled, darnit, I have Feign Death. I did say I'm slow, clumsy player lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saisu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I’d work on finding safe areas free from monsters, and then pulling a single monster to your safe area away from roaming trouble.
Thank was my reason for posting, if some of you seasoned players, recall, some spots like this, that would be easy for lvl 16 Necro.
Old 07-11-2020, 10:36 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tann [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you don't mind trashing your Qeynos evil guild faction then check my guide in my signature for Qeynos questing, rabid grizzly or bandit sashes is crazy exp at your level.
Thanks, will check out your guides. No I don't mind trashing evil guild faction, as a Gnome, I'm friendly and (hopefully) likable necro lol

# 3 may be too though for me, my druid can easy do it, but necro against 5-6 backstabbers that aggro together, sounds like a suicide mission. (not that I'm not used to suicides lol)

But # 4 I will try for sure.
Closed Thread