Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2020, 09:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woke Locc [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
He's on skim now it's fine

Castle too

OT is pretty fun. Thanks Videri.

Sorry I said the R word.
Old 10-09-2020, 09:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by chantycharm [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
hahaha I think i've found the perfect thread to post my story in, this is amazing

i grew up super christian but i fucking hate stupid people. once i tripped a kid when i was 5 and he face planted and got blood all over his face and shirt. i was so excited. i think that was the first time i realized i like to hurt people. my current diversion is a guy who years ago thought pointing a gun at me would be a fun joke. you see i dont like guns. i'm not political - i do hate trump and all his ilk, though, because his game is so obvious and people are so stupid for falling for it. anyway me n my friend are best buds now. he lives at my house and drinks my coffee and eats my food. and apparently pesticides taste good but make you feel like you have the flu. and you know, the best thing about one day developing cancer is we don't know enough about it to know how for sure someone got it, so when someone *does* finally get stage 3 non-Hodgkin's lymphoma, it's almost certain that no one gave it to them.

just so you know [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i hereby resurrect this thread only to point out that this individual on the second page has not responded in over a month after being called maerlith/stardust/asteria

i bring to you the investigation that off-topic has and always will deserve
Last edited by bubur; 10-09-2020 at 09:40 PM..
Old 10-10-2020, 01:48 PM
Banned

hormone pills
Old 10-12-2020, 09:55 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No I was responding that he claimed it was empirical science. It is quite literally not even science. The only people that say that are pushers of successive breeding in human society, the absolute most hard core of racists.

If you want to know what is science, look up synthetic biology, the great thing about actual science is its actually all inclusive!

Edit: about that bit you thought I missed, based off his other posts, I thought he was saying that was a good thing.

All I'm saying is eugenics is not science its hand wavy victorian garbage experimentation.
The statement regarding eugenics was not artful and I apologize. I didn't say it was scientific or a science. When I said "empirically correct" I was trying to convey that eugenics sounds logical. Like of course if we only have the best people breed it should make the best babies. That sounds like it should work to people who don't fully understand the science behind it. But 'empirically' was definitely the wrong word to use here, especially since I was trying to mean something quite the opposite, like 'theoretically'. Or I should have just said it sounds correct. Which is why it had so many adherents back in the day. So yeah - I'm better with wordses usually.
Old 10-12-2020, 01:13 PM
Banned

Your use of empirical was correct. As shown by our species' manipulation of animals, if you breed for certain characteristics, you eventually get those characteristics. The difference is that no one cares if the blue ribbon heifer has a good personality.

If eugenicists had a narrow scope of desired physical characteristics, they could attain those goals. Now if you're talking psychological characteristics, then empirical gets replaced with theoretical. The paradox there is that eugenicists are the last people you want selecting for human decency.
Old 10-16-2020, 03:42 PM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-16-2020, 09:28 PM
Planar Protector

Any of you Wisconsinites been to the Untitled Art brewery? I will be in the area on business and I love their beers. Is it worth going?

Thanks and God bless