Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 01-14-2023, 12:30 PM
Planar Protector

I've been waiting since 05-28-2022 just to find out if a bag I somehow lost (presumably dropped accidentally while looting in a hurry) is even recoverable.

It's a free server, lots of people lose stuff, and recovering lost stuff (without accidentally rewarding cheaters) is hard ... so we all have to be patient.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 01-14-2023, 12:52 PM
Banned

you are never getting your items back
(lol)
Old 01-14-2023, 01:38 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rengy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've been told it could be a couple of weeks for a GM to respond. My particular issue is that I sold an Item that I am asking reimbursement. I haven't heard anything after posting in the petition forums with the post labeled reimbursement for about 2 weeks. Do they even respond with a update that are not going to reimbursement or do I end up suffering in silence?

This is one of those moments where you put in a petition and then move on with your life and forget about the items. Maybe in a few months after you have forgotten about the items some GM will randomly show up and give you back your stuff and you'll have an early Christmas or they won't ever respond and you'll have already moved on.
Any info on the topic would be great.

Thank you.
Old 01-14-2023, 01:39 PM
Kobold

Lol oops. Thats kind of cool.
Old 01-14-2023, 03:31 PM
Planar Protector

I looted too quickly and a bag full of stuff went in to another bag. Everything in that bag poofed. Didn’t even petition it to save csr load. I can replace potions, spare peridots, etc easily.

This was on a 60 war with all tink bags full of raiding gear.

Good luck on your petition.

Don’t bump.

Good luck woth your

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 01-15-2023, 11:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tethler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is likely the answer, OP
No I have seen them reimburse for accidental vendor sales. I’ve also had reimbursements for leaving something in a summoned bag and logging off. It just takes a very long time since these are unpaid volunteers so it can sometimes take months. As a result, depending on what the time is you may just be better off farming the item or whatever again.
Old 01-16-2023, 12:12 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No I have seen them
anyone wanna catch this dude up on the entire server history of staff flip flopping on stuff? i might get banned for bashing for telling a history lesson lol
Old 01-16-2023, 12:36 AM
Banned

Don't they reimburse corpses?

Bags and items seem really minor in comparison.
Old 01-16-2023, 12:52 AM
Planar Protector

You and your lost items:

Are Never Ever Ever, Getting Back Together

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Yep, I did that.
Old 01-16-2023, 01:38 PM
Server GM

https://www.project1999.com/forums/a...ement.php?f=25

Quote:
Reimbursement: Use this to request reimbursement of items if they were lost due to a known bug, again we do not reimburse an item if it relates to a multi-quest. We also never reimburse currency.
We can't reimburse items that rotted on a mob corpse unless the target player is on the combat log and the item is a 100% drop rate.
We do not reimburse items sold to the vendor, you must buy the item back. Older items show up first.
NOTE: We offer toon restores also, but these take some time.