Shadow Knight 3 2.91%
Warrior 0 0%
Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2021, 08:22 PM
Kobold

WOW

Horrified that a Server GM would chime in with "kick the druid."
So, apparently this group is going to be doing little more than parking in one dungeon for the duration of their play on p99. Gods forbid they should want to relocate and simply have one of their own group facilitate that move.

And a well-played druid is a very useful member of - yes, even a group.
Hasn't it been argued in other threads that druids are just about the most capable solo farmer in the Plane of Mischief? Which points to a druid's worth and power in "outdoor" zones, even ones which are dungeons.

Harmony? Ridiculously powerful. Charm an animal pet? People forget druids can do that and probably forget how many animals are out there. Kite? (Dead enchanter... someone needs to fill the cc gap)

Sure, druids may not be the first choice for filling a slot in a group, and most players don't play druid (or any class, for that matter <cough> THAT well) but for a GM to disparage any class just because it is that class... I'm disgusted.
Old 12-04-2021, 08:29 PM
Planar Protector

tbh with that makeup, as the shaman I would feel super redundant and hate my life.

Unless you had AoE slow and then made the enchanter feel useless, but at least they could focus on pet DPS

At least as the druid I'd be like WOO DPS THIS IS FUN!
Old 12-04-2021, 08:42 PM
Kobold

So, since I hadn't answered the original poll question in my rant: +1 to the earlier poster who basically said, "play what you like."

It's so much more important to have fun playing something you like than hating your character. That applies to the druid as much as the player added to the group, who I agree should be dps for that group.
Old 12-06-2021, 05:10 PM
Fire Giant

Kind of depends on how twinked everyone is. Rogues really don't do great DPS until they get higher level and have access to good piercers (namely epic) and their utility is limited to corpse dragging and a rare (almost never) lock pick.

For consistent DPS, I want to say mage, but an FD class will open up some options for you, so Monk it is. Though I suspect a Necro is better if they know what they are doing.

As for the Druid, they are bringing ports, harmony and, tracking which are pretty game changing. Not to mention are the group's only source of snare, DS, can spread HP/Regen extra HP/Regen around, and can charm when available. Pretty decent.

If I were going to kick a class, I'd kick the warrior. They are literally a necro pet until they get disc.
Old 12-06-2021, 05:21 PM
Fire Giant

5 monks and a bard
GG
Old 12-06-2021, 05:34 PM
Planar Protector

5 monks and a bard vs 4 mages 1 necro and an enchy?

I think the 5 monks and bard is a cooler group though so do that. That would be an awesome way to progress in a TLP server just 5 dudes kicking the shit out of mobs getting pumped listening to bard music.

giving all the droppable exp loot items to the bard since hes the only one that ever dies once FD is working.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 12-06-2021, 05:49 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
5 monks and a bard vs 4 mages 1 necro and an enchy?

I think the 5 monks and bard is a cooler group though so do that. That would be an awesome way to progress in a TLP server just 5 dudes kicking the shit out of mobs getting pumped listening to bard music.

giving all the droppable exp loot items to the bard since hes the only one that ever dies once FD is working.
My favorite group I was ever in on live was 6 monks in KC. We had 3 fungi's between us and would just FD off aggro when we got under like 60%, passed the fungi's around etc. Things melted pretty quick
Old 12-06-2021, 06:21 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by eqravenprince [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I generally agree with play whatever sounds fun. Sometimes fun for me is most efficient.
Ok but the point is with the 4 you listed this group isn't going to be min/maxed regardless of what you add. Though the two I mentioned will be as close as you'll get without replacing another one or two

Also going to go against the grain, kick the shaman instead of the druid. You already have an enchanter. If you didn't then I'd agree with kicking the druid, but in this group he serves more of a purpose than the shammie
Last edited by ReoDobbs; 12-06-2021 at 06:24 PM..
Old 12-06-2021, 06:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirquestalot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
WOW

Horrified that a Server GM would chime in with "kick the druid."
So, apparently this group is going to be doing little more than parking in one dungeon for the duration of their play on p99. Gods forbid they should want to relocate and simply have one of their own group facilitate that move.

And a well-played druid is a very useful member of - yes, even a group.
Hasn't it been argued in other threads that druids are just about the most capable solo farmer in the Plane of Mischief? Which points to a druid's worth and power in "outdoor" zones, even ones which are dungeons.

Harmony? Ridiculously powerful. Charm an animal pet? People forget druids can do that and probably forget how many animals are out there. Kite? (Dead enchanter... someone needs to fill the cc gap)

Sure, druids may not be the first choice for filling a slot in a group, and most players don't play druid (or any class, for that matter <cough> THAT well) but for a GM to disparage any class just because it is that class... I'm disgusted.
Get a backbone tho my friend, druid is obvious best class in the entire game. It's a robust priest with teleportation, the best easy simple powerlevel class, great for soloing root rot style thru dungeons when needed, good efficiency nukes second only to wizard and I guess probably mages tho I haven't compared.

+ spirit of wolf

Nothing to complain about, its an amazing class.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 12-06-2021, 09:07 PM
Banned

Id rather 2x clerics than a druid and cleric.

That doesn't mean druids suck, id take them over an empty slot, even clr + druid x5 as my group any day.
Closed Thread