Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 06-09-2017, 12:51 AM
Fire Giant

Default How Good is Manna Robe for the Different Classes?

I know different items play a factor here (vp staff for necro, epic for wiz for instance) but which class benefits the most from having a manna robe?

Would it make any sense for an enc or mage to run around with one?
Old 06-09-2017, 06:57 AM
Planar Protector

Limited use given the cast time but you could manage a ghetto canni-dance of sorts. Chain casting would not be wise as you'd miss out on a med tick that's more or less as much mana as the robe would give at the cost of 60hp.

Situationally, it could be useful if you really need more mana in for critical short term purposes, but for general use seems like a wash. Assuming you don't have a pocket healer or a big external regen buff you're looking at 10 ticks sitting to regen back one click of the robe.

Necromancers who can self heal are still looking at a hp:mana ratio of 3:1 ... our best lifetap dot ratios are less than 3:1 so it's a wash unless you have an item click (vp staff or wiz epic for wizards).

Of all the classes that can wear it, enchanter is probably the class that benefits the most.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 06-09-2017, 08:57 AM
Planar Protector

When you're the only enchanter at raid you can ask for heals to get buffs done. In general group use I found it tedious to use.
Old 06-09-2017, 09:13 AM
Banned

It's basically an extra c2 while chain casting at the expense of 120 hp a tick. Not very fun for any class.
Old 06-09-2017, 09:41 AM
Kobold

I suppose you shouldn't chain it, but rather always get the one tick sitting you can each time as both are = 20 mana at lvl 60. so world ticks while you sit, gain 20, stand click mana robe, lose 60hp, gain 20 mana sit down, wait for world to tick, repeat.

At that rate you are gaining an extra 20 mana per tick (C2 is 11) but at a pretty whopping 60 hp life loss per tick.

For a wizard with epic rune it seems like a no brainer that this would be useful if not exceedingly so. For a necro it seems good too especially with VP-stick (and Elder Beads to a lesser extent).

For a mage and a chanter I struggle a bit to see why it would be very useful. For a chanter if you are in a group setting and doing crowd control and start to run out of mana in a tight situation then sure, it's a quickfix way to gain mana, but it seems kind of narrow. I could just not be valuing the item correctly though.
Old 06-09-2017, 10:17 AM
Fire Giant

Mages use them well with their phantom armor lines.
Old 06-09-2017, 02:11 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nibblewitz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Mages use them well with their phantom armor lines.
3 HP regen per tick makes Manna Robe good? Or am I missing something?
Old 06-09-2017, 02:14 PM
Planar Protector

It's niche use overall, but it's decent for any caster really. Any time you can rune or lifetap for free, or if you've got regen or aren't taking damage, or if you've got FM heals, etc., you can chain it for double normal med rate or be more efficient with the extra effort of dancing.

When I had one with a chanter it was best for after being rezzed cause there was always someone who could click some heal on you or spare mana for a real heal while you spam the thing to get mana back asap. Group with cleric and regen, I wouldn't use runes cause of cleric buffs and heals, but I did have the regen to heal me so I'd use it then too. Also fun solo to eat the house on a bedlam that is wearing off.
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 06-09-2017 at 02:17 PM..
Old 06-09-2017, 03:48 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevilshute [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
3 HP regen per tick makes Manna Robe good? Or am I missing something?
Most of the mage's throughput is achieved by their pet, which means a magician can tap into their health with far less risk. There are also items and buffs in game that offer additional hp regen.
Old 06-10-2017, 01:10 AM
Planar Protector

Once you have group buffs or your own items/clickies to somewhat offset the HP you are losing it is actually quite useful. but still tedious yes.

Very nice on the enchanter but chanters also have no innate way to regen hp quickly. Troll illusion is only 1hp a tick.

at the very high end you can get items to offset it:

Dain Ring (+10 regen click) Does not stack with casted regrowth
Zland heart (+5 regen worn)
Belt of Dwarf Slaying (+2 regen)
Mask from PoG (+5 regen click) tree illusion outdoor only.
Chestplate of Fiery Might (+5 regen click) does not stack with ring. can be clicked from inventory

So you are looking at a max of 22hp a tick from worn items without outside help maximum. and this is all end game really.

https://wiki.project1999.com/Ring_of...Frostreaver_IV
https://wiki.project1999.com/Zlandicar%27s_Heart
https://wiki.project1999.com/Belt_of_Dwarf_Slaying
https://wiki.project1999.com/Maple_Leaf_Mask
https://wiki.project1999.com/Chestplate_of_Fiery_Might

it really shines if you are the buffer and/or during rezzes
Last edited by -Catherin-; 06-10-2017 at 01:12 AM..
Closed Thread