Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2020, 05:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castle2.0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Naw it's just a handful of the same haters spewing the same lame hate. No big deal. I just consider them my fanclub [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

But if it wasn't just a few people I could understand because
Idk I saw some people talking negatively about you on the Reddit sub too. I think the more and more people find out about what you did that made the quest XP get turned off, the more people don’t view you as a good member of the community.
Old 11-12-2020, 06:37 PM
Banned

I find Castle's self-aggrandizing repulsive but he is correct that he's not the bad guy here; he was playing the game within the ruleset. He's an easy target for ridicule but that's not the same as being wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288
. . . some people talking negatively about you on the Reddit sub . . .
That's a commendation, really.
Old 11-13-2020, 02:29 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sphynx87 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not a super hardcore player like everyone else, but I've played on p99 off and on for 10 years. I started an Iksar necro after taking a break for 8 months. I don't have an alt that I handed off cash or items to myself, I'm playing as a legit noob would.

Last night I saw an Iksar necro hit level 50. Congrats to them, less than a week for a race with an XP penalty and no quest XP is very impressive.

That being said can quest XP come back so that those of us that play more casually can not feel held back? I understand removing it was to prevent people from rushing their Iksar alts, but it feels like it really didn't do what was expected. Maybe I'll just come back in a month or something idk.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
+1
Old 11-13-2020, 11:07 PM
Large Rat

Default THis sucks

Honestly, my bro just had a kid so I'm not playing my main. Because it is mostly our nostalgia to play together, almost every night.

So I jump on alts to chill maybe get a few turn ins done and enjoy classes I never played... this has effectively killed my want to even login. I've basically almost been depressed about even logging in daily. The want is there, and then I think about this horribly ridiculous effect, and I turn around to something else.

*Cheer* Way to go!
Old 11-14-2020, 02:06 AM
Banned

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donkey Hotay [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
he's not the bad guy here; he was playing the game within the ruleset. He's an easy target for ridicule but that's not the same as being wrong.
Old 11-14-2020, 03:11 AM
Planar Protector

The scorpion pincers quest might not give xp, but the pincers themselves still vendor for a gold each, and my iksar shaman was looting rotting ones like mad last night. People will fight like rats in a sack over those skellies with targ shields but won't think twice about letting 10 pincers rot.
Old 11-14-2020, 07:07 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castle2.0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Naw it's just a handful of the same haters spewing the same lame hate. No big deal. I just consider them my fanclub [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

But if it wasn't just a few people I could understand because
No, it’s not. You have an unhealthy obsession with the game. You spent months going on about your manastone. You spent months and months advocating a /list system that would benefit your pathological habit, funnily almost nothing ended up being on /list. You are quick to voice your unhappiness about the xp-turnin change when you in fact are the primary offender that to the staff warranted such a change. You are affecting the entire community negatively. I don’t think I’ve seen or heard anything nice posted about you.

Maybe a good time to step back and reflect? I’d also recommend a break from EQ, for your own sake. Good god man.
Old 11-14-2020, 10:49 AM
Banned

The duration of this XP limit is what needs to change. The impact is over and we need to move on. It's seriously a detriment to any newer or starting out characters. Some of the quests that people do to make money for a first toon is also tied to a decent XP return.

Turn it back.
Old 11-14-2020, 02:31 PM
Large Rat

Regardless, if there was ever a purpose for this, its time has long passed. Please change back already, so I can progress my new characters forward in a normal way (you know, a Message to Rebbys or Deathfist belt turn-ins)
Old 11-14-2020, 04:32 PM
Kobold

A compromise that I feel would be workable, depending on the difficulty in coding it, would be to restore quest xp for all quests on the continent of Kunark. No one could have stockpiled quest items for any Kunark quests other than bone chips, so there is no abuse really possible in only Kunark quests giving up xp. And for those of you who are thinking, "Well, you just said bone chips!" ... if someone wants to level up by turning in 100,000 bone chips, more power to them.

The obvious problem with this idea is whether Kunark continent quests can be flagged differently from all other quests without hundreds of man-hours from the development team. Not being a coder myself, I have no idea what it would entail.
Closed Thread