Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-12-2020, 01:01 PM
Planar Protector

Default Guild discussion

How come there isnt a green guild section? How do I look for a guild?

Anyways, my name in game is Bjearn, a lvl 4 shaman atm, looking for a good solid lvling guild.

And how do you form a guild as wello?
Old 12-12-2020, 01:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakkily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How come there isnt a green guild section? How do I look for a guild?

Anyways, my name in game is Bjearn, a lvl 4 shaman atm, looking for a good solid lvling guild.
https://wiki.project1999.com/Green%20Guilds

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakkily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And how do you form a guild as wello?
https://wiki.project1999.com/Guilds#...rt_a_New_Guild

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 12-12-2020, 07:38 PM
Kobold

Quote:
How come there isnt a green guild section?
<Aanelenye> lvl 43 Paladin
<Vaalyun> lvl 48 Wizard
Blue chars: retired

Old 12-12-2020, 07:50 PM
Planar Protector

Many have asked, and the staff have never answered. My theory is that they recognized that forums are a terrible way to share guild info.

For one thing, guilds are constantly posting (uselessly) to their own thread, to try and get it to rank higher. For another, guild info changes (eg. officers leave or join) ... but there's no way to edit the original guild forum post. Guilds can post updated info later ... but it quickly gets buried by the pointless "drive our guild up" posts.

And then there's the issue with angry person from guild A crap posting in guild B's thread ... and it's the staff that has to deal with the clean-up. So my theory is that they said "why should we waste our time dealing with all of that, when it doesn't even do a good job of sharing guild info ... and the wiki has everything anyone could need?"

(But they didn't remove the Blue guild forum, because people were used to it.)

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 12-12-2020, 08:39 PM
Banned

it takes around 12 seconds to add a subforum to phpbb they didnt do it because they dont care ( At all )
Old 12-12-2020, 08:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thulian [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
it takes around 12 seconds to add a subforum to phpbb they didnt do it because they dont care ( At all )
Again, the 12 seconds to add the subform isn't the issue for them: the issue is they have to police the forum. If there was a Green guild forum it would definitely take more than 12 seconds to do that policing ... and again, given that we have a bunch of immature guild members who feel the need to desecrate their rival's guild threads, such policing will be necessary.

Meanwhile, no one has mentioned what advantage there is to the guild forums (over the wiki) ... because there isn't really any. The only advantage the forums have is that they are "self-cleaning": when a guild dies its thread dies with it naturally (whereas the wiki has a few dead guilds). But since anyone can remove a dead guild from the wiki, that's not really a big deal.

Old 12-12-2020, 09:40 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thulian [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Big difference between not caring and not wanting to deal with the hassle. It would take me under 30 seconds to put all the dog treats on the ground. I just don't want to hassle with cleaning up the puke later.
Old 12-12-2020, 10:06 PM
Banned

Those are pretty outdated tho

Lots of guilds listed on there are dead or have merged with other guilds
Closed Thread