Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-10-2020, 03:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by htabdoolb [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Literally no one is hurt letting Castle and others like him do massive amounts of quest turn ins, and lots of regular, low level casual players are hurt by disabling a fairly significant source of experience and plat. They only people who might, might be put out by it are the ones grinding and poop socking in an attempt to be first level 60 or first to loot thing X from mob Y or whatever. And those people just remind me of the losers who scramble put "First Post!" at the beginning of a thread, crowing about an utterly meaningless accomplishment that no one else cares one whit about.

Honestly, every time another [Achievement!] notification pops up in my chat box, I cringe. It's so very lame. I'm rather disappointed that quest experience was disabled in order to coddle and enable such inanity. The fact that I can't turn them off just bums me out.
Agreed. I don't mind the achievement announcements. I just don't like derailing the whole classic experience of the game because of a few dudes.

On red99 they nerfed the money from the halfling smuggling and I think it was because on beta I ran boxed 20 halflings back and forth to pharm plat for practicing TRADESKILLS.

The $ per hour on this quest when boxing is not allowed is garbage, so there was no reason to nerf it, but nerf it they did. So now newbie halfings can't make a plat or two off this quest. RIP.
Lost but not forgotten.
Last edited by Gustoo; 12-10-2020 at 03:31 PM..
Old 12-10-2020, 03:36 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castle2.0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's a win-win.
definitely a win-win for sure. you are having so much fun right now. always here to answer every single comment in within 30 mins. it's okay bro. you do you. good luck and everything.

you kinda ruined the fun for eveyone else tho, but this part is arguably not your fault, i must agree at least there.

PS: I don't think you understand your own words, "100% confirmed across multiple toons of various level/race/class combos" definitely implies that you switched toon to double-check. if not, then your own wording is bad or you are lying, don't put that on me.
Old 12-10-2020, 03:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
definitely a win-win for sure. you are having so much fun right now. always here to answer every single comment in within 30 mins. it's okay bro. you do you. good luck and everything.

you kinda ruined the fun for eveyone else tho, but this part is arguably not your fault, i must agree at least there.

PS: I don't think you understand your own words, "100% confirmed across multiple toons of various level/race/class combos" definitely implies that you switched toon to double-check. if not, then your own wording is bad or you are lying, don't put that on me.
Forum Quest. It is the end game.

Misunderstood your message. I thought you meant switching to toons counting my scrolls [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I tested on a 41 HFL DRU and 51 DEF NEC and calculated same exp per scroll on both. Friend tried on a 53/54 HUM RNG. Yes, I switched between 2 toons to test and talked with others.
Old 12-10-2020, 03:51 PM
Sarnak

I popped on yesterday. I saw someone ding 60 as an SK. I thought that was pretty cool.

For a casual like me, so waht if someone corpsed a ton of scrolls. I agree with the folks saying it negatively affects a lot more folks who are casual than it does the hard-core achivement-ers racing to the top.

But on the same note, it's not my decision so I'm just happy they keep the servers running.

PST send tells please if you'd like to be my Miencraft friend.
Old 12-10-2020, 04:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castle2.0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Might do one. Might not. Could be the Devs cheated everyone out of a great video.

If you're curious, go to Edverd Tommels in SQ and DM me on Discord with any name from "Scrollzaa to Scrollzz" -- example: Scrollzmq. That's 676 possible name combinations. I have them all. I'll log on a mule with that name and show you some gnoll scrolls [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Maybe skip Scrollzza to Scrollzzz. I used those for testing, but the other 650 options are available.

You can check Wiki to see how much exp people got. I ran all the numbers. I had enough lightstones / greater lightstones to take an IKS NEC 1-28 then enough scrolls to go 28-60... until this change. Would have taken 4-7 hours. No one could go faster than this using a different method.

LevelUpLarry might have helped produce the video. Could have been a cool video. Maybe I'll write a simple thread detailing "what could have been."

I'm sure I'll find some use for these scrolls.

Excel keeps track of which toons have which scrolls. No need to log in. Not melting down, but I appreciate a good imagination. Maybe your projecting your own "if I was in his situation I would be X."

Google PeeWee Herman. Then you may begin to learn more of who is the legend "Mannastone" who also just so happens to be on a big adventure [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] That's all the info you get.

People either get the joke and laugh with me, or don't get the joke and I laugh at them and at my own joke by myself. It's a win-win.
seek help
Old 12-11-2020, 01:54 AM
Sarnak

Haha, I love it. Castle getting cranked yet again.

Maybe the deva ARE reading your posts?
Old 12-11-2020, 02:45 AM
Aviak

Castle is such a twat. I guess I really didn't need to state that. But really, he's such a twat.
Old 12-11-2020, 09:20 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Haha, 50 accounts. I guess there's 3 kinds of people in this world: those who can do math and those who can't.

1) No exploit.
2) Don't blame GMs. This was a Dev decision.

Linguistic laziness I tell ya!
After all this, you’re still whining on the forums like an unrepentant tool. Unsurprising.

Since you brought up “linguistic laziness”: How exactly are you defining “exploit” such that your abuse of the free account system doesn’t count? Because you sure aren’t using any normal English definition preferred by the devs and, basically, everyone rational. Unless you think exploit only means software hacking?

Of course, maybe you made a donation to p99 each and every time you opened a new account. Knowing that would change my opinion of your antics entirely.
Last edited by jadier; 12-11-2020 at 09:29 AM..
Old 12-11-2020, 10:56 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Question:

I've never done this quest before, would it still be worth doing to level an alt or is that a no go.
Old 12-11-2020, 11:18 AM
Planar Protector

Fajbert, canonbeer, jaded, thank you for reading my posts, bumping them to the top and sharing your opinions. I enjoy reading them since they are very well thought-out.

Quote:
How exactly are you defining “exploit”
I am using the official definition listed in the rules on forums. You? Do you even know the definition?

Exploiting has to do with in-game issues. Account creation isn't an in-game issue. End of story.

Now if you think questing is exploiting then you need to understand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castle2.0
Exploiting is a category of actions, it isn't normal actions taken to to some greater degree.

You can kill a mob 1 to 10,000 times. It never becomes an exploit.

You can quest 1 to 10,000 times. It never becomes an exploit.

Do you understand categorical versus degree? You are either pregnant or not pregnant. You can't be very pregnant or very unpregnant. It's categorical. You can be sleepy or not sleepy, you can also be a little sleepy or very sleepy - it's both.

Doing normal actions and repeating them to a higher degree is not exploiting.
Gotta save this one for future use of copy-pasta. People say don't feed the trolls, but when you got an endless vat full of copy-pasta. Bon apetit, I say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reebit32
Question:

I've never done this quest before, would it still be worth doing to level an alt or is that a no go.
It's half of what it was so it's not as good. If you're not a druid or wizard, it might not be worth it. Check it out try turning them in. Do it 1 at a time. If you turn in all 4 you get a so-so item and exp only once.

-------

But fear not fellow elves. I am fighting for YOU. I have submitted a bug report. Just being the hero you need.

-------
Last edited by Castle2.0; 12-11-2020 at 11:26 AM..
Closed Thread