Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Old 10-10-2023, 02:49 PM
Orc

Default Shaman Pets

I have noticed when I get my max DPS, 55 (spell) pet, 52 dmg, they appear to consistently take more damage from mobs. The 47 and 49 damage pets appear to consistently take less damage from the same mobs.

Is this something to effect of more melee damage equals a more DPS styled pet and less damage equals a more tank-ish like pet? Further example: Rogue = DPS but lower tank ability, whereas a Paladin = more tank ability but less DPS. (?)
Old 10-10-2023, 03:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Questors [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have noticed when I get my max DPS, 55 (spell) pet, 52 dmg, they appear to consistently take more damage from mobs. The 47 and 49 damage pets appear to consistently take less damage from the same mobs.

Is this something to effect of more melee damage equals a more DPS styled pet and less damage equals a more tank-ish like pet? Further example: Rogue = DPS but lower tank ability, whereas a Paladin = more tank ability but less DPS. (?)
My guess is this is just confirmation bias. The Shaman pet is always a Warrior, it doesn't change classes based on your level. I would also be suprised if a higher level pet takes more damage.

Do you have a data sample we could look at?
Old 10-10-2023, 03:15 PM
Planar Protector

no just use your higher pet
Old 10-10-2023, 05:01 PM
Planar Protector

Data sample...
Old 10-10-2023, 08:45 PM
Planar Protector

Parse it. Heal your pet for a while until it kills something. Summon a different pet. You can divide damage done over the time of the parse to determine literally how many dps the pet is taking.

There are very few reasons to downrank a pet outside a mage or maybe the skelly necro pets (per situation) until you get EoT.
Last edited by Snaggles; 10-10-2023 at 08:49 PM..
Old 10-11-2023, 08:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Questors [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Yeah no.

I noticed stepwise improvements with each shaman pet with the max pet (55) being undeniably best.

Parse or don't, I don't care but the max level shaman pet is the best.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 10-12-2023, 10:15 AM
Fire Giant

No. The level 55 pet has almost 2x the AC as the level 49 pet. Not sure what's causing your data, other than your pet having really bad rolls.
Old 10-12-2023, 02:06 PM
Planar Protector

Skip the pet. Just root rot adds with epic off to the side to surpass mage dps.
Old 10-12-2023, 03:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Please stop posting nonsense. Your poor reading comprehension and bad trolling just confuses people. The fact that Shamans can out DPS Mages via root rotting is not a reason to assume your pet is unusable.

Shaman pet is good, use it whenever you can for better DPS. A max level Shaman pet will be better than a lower level one. I doubt OP has found a bug of some sort that causes the max level Shaman pet to act differently, unless they have some really good data.
Old 10-12-2023, 06:49 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
if you have 6 - 8 mobs on the go I get it, pet becomes tedious to position etc. with that being said its nice to park it somewhere safe and broom it (assuming you even need too)
Last edited by Penish; 10-12-2023 at 06:53 PM..