Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-02-2020, 02:42 PM
Skeleton

I was hoping Skarne would come back and update this, as I too have a 5700XT that caps out at 33-34fps when playing P99. I tested out EQ2 and was able to run it on Extreme, getting more than 60FPS in certain areas. Busier areas tend to dip FPS but it proved to me that the card can handle more than 33fps.

I had built a new computer a few weeks ago, upgrading CPU from FX-8670 to Ry 9 and the GPU from an R9 390 to the 5700XT with new mobo/psu/m2. P99 would cap at 60FPS on the 390, no issues with P99 framerate there.

I tried WinEQ and messing with the foreground/background FPS Limiter. It solved the background issue where Alt-Tabbing out of the game would cause the game to run at 9-10fps in the background, with WinEQ, it will stay at 33-34FPS in the background. But it doesn't unlock the foreground FPS.

Attempted to lock the CPU Affinity to 1 core, didn't solve anything. Tried hard locking AMD Chill to 60FPS and enabled/disabled Anti-Lag, didn't solve anything. Game recognizes the card in the Advanced settings. Utilized manufacturer drivers for all parts. Did upgrade windows to the 2004 version, build 19041.508. Messing with alternate resolutions/Hz windowed/fullscreen. It will go up to 65FPS in the char select screen, but once into the game, its a solid 33FPS. I use GPU Tweak II to monitor FPS, but do not manually overclock any parts.