Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2020, 12:06 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubur [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
not sure what you mean if we cant reference the "Empire of Kunark" 2016 and "Ring of Scale" 2017. Even the "Burning Lands" 2018 was a callback to a popular zone in PoP.

I guess it's because the company was passed around like a hot potato and they want desperately to capitalize on the tlp's by coercing people to play something they might find familiar

but problem is for every one that played classic or p99 is that live is still PoK-based and forces/strong suggests you into a shitty tutorial from 2006

would be super cool if the new company took it into a new direction but instead they just kept playing the formula. lack of creativity. lack of innovation. wish I could say lack of funding but they makin large on those tlps i mentioned; no wonder they happen every year

so yeah. it probably has something to do with the tlp's

edit: oh you said in-game. no there is no explanation. you just talk to someone in PoK and go to the new xpac. ignore all of what I wrote. there's no lore
everquest lore advanced and moved long ago, characters u know from first expansions dead and buried, even gods,

i find amusing people bashin eq current game when they keep playing a old version of it while others players enjoy the game far lonegr than them proving they like it more,

rip morden rasp, he had the worst death for a mmo franchise character
Old 10-18-2020, 12:23 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Never cared for running multiple characters, either. Just isn't fun. Playing EQ for fun....seems like an oft-forgotten notion by some elements of this community.

Danth

Honestly, i went on live recently and played a little box crew (bst/nec/cler) and ran tank / rogue merc

Kinda fizzled out around like 60ish but i actually had a lot of fun boxing LDoN missions as an xp grind.

If i wasnt so invested in Shadowlands on wow right now , id probably take the box team a bit further tbh
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 10-18-2020, 01:26 PM
Sarnak

They dont really have any "New" Ideas, they reskinned kael and there are some big named giants like vindi or whatever and the avatar of war had the pop graphic. I found it to be kinda boring but all classes have tons of instant cast abilities that people like.

The second part of the new velious will basically add a TOV that is max level with new skin dragons. The raids are cool but it will never have the challenge classic type everquest did. Also even casters have unreal hp now.
Old 10-19-2020, 04:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
hey I just wanted to kill gods and kings in expansions nobody played [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Haha that is fun sometimes ill log on my lv 80 SK and head to zones in velious and wreck everything then log off and go back to playing p99
Closed Thread