Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2020, 08:27 PM
Planar Protector

Correct. The Velious-era removal of spellcast autoattack reset was for hybrids ONLY. Regular casting classes had their attacks reset (if they didn't toggle attack off prior to casting) all throughout the classic era and beyond. Beastlords were given that bonus a few months after Luclin came out when it became obvious they needed it. Casters were only added during Planes of Power, I think, maybe even one of the post-PoP half-eras like Ykesha. I don't remember exactly when they got it but it was definitely far beyond the era P1999 covers. Never seemed like a big deal to me here on P99 because of how trivially it's bypassed anyway.

Danth
Last edited by Danth; 11-01-2020 at 08:40 PM..
Old 11-02-2020, 12:51 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger_King [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Also hybrids aren’t lazy for casting while auto-attack stays on considering they have more to manage overall vs most classes... don’t believe me? Try it over a pet class or healer in a group setting.... if you expect to get by on an argument that hybrids (which usually micromanage during play) are lazy because they don’t have to press x 2 more times every cast then I have several non puller pet casters I’d like you to meet...
"lazy" was a joke.

Back in the day it was ignorance combined with an acute shortage of cleverness that caused hybrids (and priests) to miss swings due to spellcasting. The players that benefited most were those who had never realized they could turn auto-attack off and on to avoid missing swings. Players who understood and had practice at tapping attack off/on gained a little when lagging, because you didn't have a latency delay restarting your attack when the spellcast finished.

There was a lot of ignorance of game and UI mechanics among the players back then. I was accused of hacking the game client because I had made a hotkey of my secondary slot to allow hotswapping a shield to bash casters with my half-elf warrior. On p99 even the "Velious UI" required on Green allows you to keep your inventory and bags open all the time so we never need to sacrifice a precious hotkey slot for gear swapping.