Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 11-20-2020, 01:52 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Schedule for another classic server?

Hello,

I've just discovered Project1999 recently, and am quite sad that i missed out on the classic server launch last year and is already into kunark.

Question:
1) Are there any plans for another classic server?

2) Any chance for this being permanent? You could have another server that incorporates Kunark at the end of this era, and enable players to run a character copy ONE-TIME over to that new server. This way you can have the best of both worlds. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I would gladly pay a subscription for this implementation.
Old 11-20-2020, 12:55 PM
Planar Protector

I'm not sure what you mean by permanent. Do you mean a permanently vanilla server?

Some people have asked for that. I personally would prefer if that were the status of the 2nd PVP enabled server.

I think it is most likely that the next progression server will be a PVP enabled server, and it is most likely that it won't kick off until the current progression server gets into velious, and probably until velious has been out for some time.

These are just my guesses. I don't think you are going to see a vanilla server any time this year.

We have asked and staff even had a pvp DISCORD server on the menu for some time. A discord server is a permadeath server that runs for a temporary period, maybe 3 or 6 months and is vanilla only. This was done on live, around POP era and was a unique experience.

Permadeath means when you die your character reverts to level 1 and if you die in PVP 100% of your items are lootable. I think you can bank stuff though.

I would pay a lot of money for a new pvp server myself. If only to support the people that would want to play it.

I don't think that the duplicating classic locked players forward is going to be a popular approach.

I also think that if a server is classic locked that its "legacy" items should remain in play permanently, or never be in play at all. For example, Manastone should not stop dropping, and guise should not stop being clickable from inventory.

Also, maybe old items like instant cast pumice should remain in game too, for real day one experience. I don't particularly enjoy competing with other players to get "status symbol" items like manastone, and guise. This is something I did with Gustoo but it isn't the best way to have a happy server when it is exclusively about...exclusivity.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 11-20-2020, 01:25 PM
Planar Protector

clearly 1-50 is the best game and kunark adds a bunch, should be pvp imo

velious is sillytown
Old 11-20-2020, 01:45 PM
Banned

I started on the blue server right around Velious was about to launch

I had no problem grouping, finding gear, and leveling

and yes, P99 is locked to velious
Old 11-20-2020, 01:59 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would gladly pay a subscription for this implementation.
Then you have absolutely no idea how & why Project1999 works and exists.
Old 11-20-2020, 02:03 PM
Banned

OP doesnt know how p99 works
Old 11-20-2020, 02:05 PM
Planar Protector

teams99
Old 11-20-2020, 04:12 PM
Planar Protector

If I could get discrete confirmation from staff that my donation would have any impact on pvp, I would donate. Right now, I get no words and I lack the faith.

I appreciate the faithful ones.

OP just play the server of your choice and naturally progress through game. Kunark era is basically classic era except items are cheaper. No reason to go to kunark until you're almost level 60.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 11-20-2020, 05:03 PM
Planar Protector

yeah no need to go into kunark or velious unless you want loot from those places, u can level everything fine in classic and its easier and generally faster
Old 11-20-2020, 06:06 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagoya [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Then you have absolutely no idea how & why Project1999 works and exists.
Poor choice of words, I mean i would gladly donate to p1999 on a regular basis as i would pay for a subscription for a pure pre-kunark server.
Closed Thread