Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-23-2010, 01:56 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by guineapig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You realize that he wasn't killed till November of 2003, right?
I actually thought it was later than that. Regardless of when it happened, you're missing the point, he was never supposed to be killable regardless of the timeline of when he died. Yet nonetheless, he died. Rathe wasn't supposed to be killable and it was changed maybe 1 or 2 days before it would have died in its "unkillable" form.

Quote:
It's about being able to do enough DPS to a mob so many levels higher than you (ie, melee hitting mobs for 10's . It's about the fact that most spells should be resisted by the mobs. It's about the mobs being able to kill players in 4 swipes and pets in 2. What strategy could your guild have possibly come up with that 30+ other guilds didn't.

If you honestly think that Sky should be finish-able before Kunark due to your "superior skill" then I don't know what to tell you.

I wish I could find the post where a dev even pointed out exactly how insanely hard the last couple islands are supposed to be but it's possible that it was in the rants section so I can't do a proper search for it.
There are a lot of strategies and knowledge that came about long after Sky was released (hell even after Kunark) that you can apply back to original EQ and make content there doable when it previously wasn't.