Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-23-2010, 03:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwence [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Im not going to add something when you're involved in the conversation because you're a retard and all you want is for us to detail out our strategies so you can attempt to critique them or something.
You keep claiming that I am attempting to get strategies from you when it's simply not the case. I have full access to dozens of different strategies from all over the web for every single Everquest encounter there is. As I have pointed out to you before, none of this stuff is a big secret!

A few of you keep getting so damn defensive but I'm not accusing you of anything either. I'm merely questioning if things are tuned the way they should be on those last few islands. Unless you are the ones designing the content (which you aren't), there is nothing to get defensive about.

I have yet to hear a simple answer like "this is the way I recall it on live" or "yeah maybe it is a little easier than it's supposed to be". Instead the answer is always we have "leet strategies".

But seriously... strategies on how to split and kill the bees? This isn't rocket science.

I'm asking legitimate questions about the difficulty of these encounters.
Remember The first Vox, Naggy, Inny and CT kills on this server? Remember how much was changed between then and now? Leet strategies about block AoE outdoors? Turned out not to be classic. Was that IB or Trans' fault? Of course not. But things had to be pointed out before they got fixed.

This is how things get fixed.

EDIT: I guess if everything is set at the right difficulty then we can expect to not to see any changes to the encounters in Sky as far as making them more difficult in the coming months.
Last edited by guineapig; 08-23-2010 at 03:48 PM..
Old 08-23-2010, 03:51 PM
Sarnak

Sleeper argument aside, the avatar of war was also not expected by the devs to be killed during velious era - they expected it to stay unkilled until luclin/pop. It died during velious anyway. Likewise at least one guild during classic was able to complete sky, and with the superior equipment/tactics that IB has (vs guilds in classic era), combined with the proper combo of classes are you really that shocked that they are completing content with, omg, 32k hp mobs?

Also
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guineapig

Remember The first Vox, Naggy, Inny and CT kills on this server?
Yeah I remember a couple of those, how many do you remember? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-23-2010, 03:51 PM
Fire Giant

Default ..

Its easier to get a point across to hasbin than it is with your dense head, and that's saying something.

Is sky working like it was in 1999-2000 or whenever? Maybe someone can give you a simple yes or no answer, it cant be me I dont remember sky that well from live, was a long time ago. The problem is as soon as someone answers you're gonna ask How or Why and that's where the problem comes in.

You got no business asking us How or Why, and if you had any self respect you would not even bother asking them.
Old 08-23-2010, 04:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaaaflow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Likewise at least one guild during classic was able to complete sky,
Incorrect. Sky was never cleared by anyone before Kunark.
Last edited by guineapig; 08-23-2010 at 04:05 PM..
Old 08-23-2010, 04:08 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by guineapig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Incorrect. Sky was never cleared by anyone before Kunark.
I love how in these threads everyone gives their version of live history like its complete fact without providing any kind of reference or evidence to support their claims.
Old 08-23-2010, 04:11 PM
Banned

Gwence, you're being a bit thick-headed and pessimistic here. His intent isn't to try to cast a shadow of doubt over IB's success in sky, it's a matter of stating facts (from resources that I've seen myself) on just what the difficulty of these islands were. I was one of the few selected for the posky test run here and had quite a bit of fun, but also saw quite a bit that was off. We only managed to get to the spiroc isle (minus spiroc lord) so we didn't get to see much of the stuff that was, at the time, considered to be unbeatable. Considering the encounters with the big 4 prior to sky and the issues that were seen with them (all of them, really) it wouldn't exactly be jumping the gun to assume that some of the encounters in posky are off.

To put it simply, he's just searching for a bit of clarification. Do i personally think that IB would still be rocking it up there? Absolutely, that's not the matter of discussion here, it's the actual accuracy of the content itself. We don't want leet strategies, these things have been discussed and researched for years.
Last edited by Skope; 08-23-2010 at 04:16 PM..
Old 08-23-2010, 04:31 PM
Fire Giant

Default ..

If their's a direct question about sky you want answered, ask it. If we can answer it without giving info on mobs or info on strats we will.
Old 08-23-2010, 05:46 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by guineapig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

A few of you keep getting so damn defensive but I'm not accusing you of anything either. I'm merely questioning if things are tuned the way they should be on those last few islands. Unless you are the ones designing the content (which you aren't), there is nothing to get defensive about.

I have yet to hear a simple answer like "this is the way I recall it on live" or "yeah maybe it is a little easier than it's supposed to be". Instead the answer is always we have "leet strategies".

But seriously... strategies on how to split and kill the bees? This isn't rocket science.
There are things that are work properly and don't work properly in the zone. That's about the most specific answer you'll get.
Old 08-23-2010, 05:53 PM
Kobold

Quote:
I wish I could find the post where a dev even pointed out exactly how insanely hard the last couple islands are supposed to be but it's possible that it was in the rants section so I can't do a proper search for it. In any case they basically said, don't expect to be able to kill everything.
They are insanely hard.
Old 08-23-2010, 07:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starklen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They are insanely hard.
Much respect.