Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2014, 08:51 AM
Aviak

Default are all the veterans this toxic here?

I just came from blue recently and I found some new friends in unrest. these flowers of happiness people just came in to grief us constantly. some twinked shadowknight with a level 60 druid buffing and healing him was impossible for us in our high 20's to hurt. we tried to fight but theres nothing you can do with a 60 druid out of range keeping you up when you are already twinked.

are you allowed to do this with higher level characters? I dont know but this really turns me off as a new player. I'm all for pvp but this was just dumb.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-01-2014, 08:53 AM
Banned

This is what FoH lives for and it's pretty classic. Only option is to GTFO or bring your own heavyweights to counter their heavyweight.

Or double up on wiz nukes/harm touch and try to outdps heals.
Old 05-01-2014, 08:54 AM
Sarnak

IDK, before starting on red you should have read the forums a little. Unrest is basically a no go zone. Due to this problem. With the group bonus, just go somewhere else.

While it sucks, you shouldn't let it deter you, especially if you were enjoying your time with your group before this. The server is old...people have gear and can be dicks.
Old 05-01-2014, 09:04 AM
Planar Protector

Or return the Blue. Players there aren't even close to being as anti-social.

On Red dicks get to be dicks, and in cases like this, there's not much you can do about it. On Blue they don't get to do this.
Old 05-01-2014, 09:06 AM
Sarnak

Not sure how PvP makes them anti social.

Not sure how fighting over raid mobs/lording pixels over others on a fifteen year old game is social.

I know less casual scum on blue will make your existence feel invalidated, but you'll live...sadly.
Old 05-01-2014, 09:47 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scikala [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not sure how fighting over raid mobs/lording pixels over others on a fifteen year old game is social.
I know you understand this and are just being defensive, but raiding is the one of the most social things you can do in EQ (also GM events, etc). Put a huge group of players together who have to interact correctly in order to succeed.

"Anti-social: contrary to the laws and customs of society; devoid of or antagonistic to sociable instincts or practices."

So 1-2 players griefing a group of people to the point of them breaking up and logging is anti-social.

Sorry to use facts on you. But this thread isn't about the definition of anti-social behavior. Its about dealing with the dicks displaying it.
Old 05-01-2014, 09:49 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raavak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I know you understand this and are just being defensive, but raiding is the most social thing you can do in EQ really.

Anti-social: contrary to the laws and customs of society; devoid of or antagonistic to sociable instincts or practices.

So 1-2 players griefing a group of people to the point of them breaking up and logging is anti-social.

Sorry to use facts on you. But this thread isn't about the definition of anti-social behavior. Its about dealing with the dicks displaying it.
Not anti-social at all. Using your "logic" you killing something breaks up another raid. Ergo that larger group is fragmented and doing their own things. Just like what happened here in PvP

Dont be a fucking retard.

And you're the one who brought up anti-social bullshit and come back to blue.
Old 05-01-2014, 10:11 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scikala [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not anti-social at all. Using your "logic" you killing something breaks up another raid. Ergo that larger group is fragmented and doing their own things. Just like what happened here in PvP

Dont be a fucking retard.

And you're the one who brought up anti-social bullshit and come back to blue.
Who is retarded? That is the worst use of logic I have seen in quite some time.

Following what you say everyone should only ever solo because the act of getting together to do something leads to a break-up at some point. Dumb. Dumb. Stay in school. Get your high school diploma.

If griefing isn't anti-social to you you don't have access to a dictionary.
Old 05-01-2014, 10:15 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raavak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Who is retarded? That is the worst use of logic I have seen in quite some time.

Following what you say everyone should only ever solo because the act of getting together to do something leads to a break-up at some point. Dumb. Dumb. Stay in school. Get your high school diploma.

If griefing isn't anti-social to you you don't have access to a dictionary.
Getting killed once isn't Griefing, if they were being corpse camped said PvPers would get reported due to PnP violation. Using an OOR healer is a dick move, but all the same still isn't anti-social.

And it's perfect logic when you provided the example you dumbfuck.

Holy fuck sitting on your ass waiting for batphone calls has made you mentally challenged.

And where did I say they should solo? I said grouping is fine, you're the one who said the most(and seemingly only) social crap is raiding, which is a logic fallacy.
Old 05-01-2014, 10:23 AM
Aviak

I appreciate all the advice / input from everybody. It really is all about the journey. and if the journey is just griefer's with level 60 out of range druids It might not be the journey for me. I'm going to try to press on and keep playing, a few friends this morning told me screw it they are going back to blue, but im going to keep trying. Like I said before this isnt the first time ive come across this on this server. It has been Flowers of Happiness every time though, this is just the first time i'm finally saying something about it because I actually got a SS this time.

For some reason everybody thinks I just want to exp as a new player. I want to pvp but it doesnt seem like many other people below 50 are interested in that. I guess you could call an invincible twinked sk with a 60 oor healer/buffer pvp but its not the kind of pvp im looking for.
Closed Thread