Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2018, 01:15 AM
Sarnak

Default Mistmoore vs Unrest for a lvl 20 cleric

I have a lvl 19 cleric who is about to ding 20. I have been soloing/grouping in oasis and at 20 I figure it's time to move on. Back in the day I would go LoiO/FM/OT/DL/KC. That was fine for my Druid as he could solo/quad kite. Cleric not so much.

So I hear that Mistmoore and Unrest are popular for getting groups at my level. I don't want to bounce around so is one more populated and thus easier to get pickup groups? Or are they both about equal?

Thanks.
Gavallin Wood Elf Ranger lvl 23 (blue)
Jardahni Human Monk lvl 2 (green)
Old 11-13-2018, 01:18 AM
Sarnak

Unrest is consistent groups til 30, MM is consistent to 39-40.
Old 11-13-2018, 01:34 AM
Planar Protector

You can do MM pond starting at 20, but there are really only enough mobs to support a single group, so I wouldn't recommend it (and I also feel like the xp in MM isn't as great as people make it out to be). Unrest is decent, but it can be a bit too crowded during prime time. Upper guk is another dungeon option. Getting a duo or trio together in some outdoor zone would work too. Warsliks giant fort was pretty solid for solo and small grouping. At 25, go to HHK goblins till 35.
Old 11-13-2018, 01:42 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tethler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You can do MM pond starting at 20, but there are really only enough mobs to support a single group, so I wouldn't recommend it (and I also feel like the xp in MM isn't as great as people make it out to be). Unrest is decent, but it can be a bit too crowded during prime time. Upper guk is another dungeon option. Getting a duo or trio together in some outdoor zone would work too. Warsliks giant fort was pretty solid for solo and small grouping. At 25, go to HHK goblins till 35.
I was thinking unrest because of the undead factor. Easier for me to solo undead while I wait for a group. I worry about not being able to keep up with heals because I don't get a new heal upgrade till 24. I have already run into several twink tanks whom my healing spell heals less then 10% of there health bar.

I miss the old days. LoiO back in the day had multiple groups at the sarnak fort. Now LoiO is mostly solo or bring your own group. Maybe I'll solo LoIO undead till 24 and then try Unrest with my new healing spell.
Gavallin Wood Elf Ranger lvl 23 (blue)
Jardahni Human Monk lvl 2 (green)
Old 11-13-2018, 01:51 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaluppo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was thinking unrest because of the undead factor. Easier for me to solo undead while I wait for a group. I worry about not being able to keep up with heals because I don't get a new heal upgrade till 24. I have already run into several twink tanks whom my healing spell heals less then 10% of there health bar.

I miss the old days. LoiO back in the day had multiple groups at the sarnak fort. Now LoiO is mostly solo or bring your own group. Maybe I'll solo LoIO undead till 24 and then try Unrest with my new healing spell.
Loio fort groups were awesome!

Gabronth
15 Human Paladin
Old 11-13-2018, 02:06 AM
Planar Protector

neither goto upperguk its fun
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 11-13-2018, 02:09 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaluppo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Don't worry about your heals. You heal better than druids or shamans the same level as you. Those twinks with huge hp will also be likely taking less damage than untwinked tanks because of their superior AC. So, while maybe it's a bit demoralizing to see the hp bar barely move, you are the most effective option to fulfill that role. Don't be afraid to hit up Unrest before level 24!

I also really enjoyed the LoIO sarnak fort back in the day. Too many on p99 are set in their ways and don't want to leave the traditional leveling path. I'm guilty of it myself at certain level ranges. I always do hhk gobs for 10 levels due to convenience, and i can make a decent chunk of change for it being a low level camp.
Old 11-13-2018, 04:58 AM
Planar Protector

I've found it is often the case that my courage line of spells (centre, valour, etc) are more effective and draw less aggro than the heal of the appropriate level.

Obviously if the group has been twinked with high level buffs you may not be able to land your 'heal' buff and have to use a normal heal spell instead.
Old 11-14-2018, 12:44 AM
Kobold

XP in Upper guk is pretty crazy. I'd go there.
Old 11-14-2018, 03:46 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dithien [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
XP in Upper guk is pretty crazy. I'd go there.
If you can find a group that is. The old great spot is by the undead zone line (so you'll need invis), safe enough to XP at and zone is right there if you get in trouble. Think that's good til 23-24. Certainly different from the well trodden path.