Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2018, 11:30 AM
Planar Protector

Depending how many resources you want to use. You can also FD, send a pet in and back it off back to you before it dies. Mobs will aggro and kill pet without you ever gaining aggro. Then you stand and peel. Or use stalking probes / elder beads in the same way. Eye of zomm is a level 1 pet so your aggro range will be huge with it.
Old 11-21-2018, 12:10 PM
Sarnak

Freakish, that is some awesome advice regarding "backing off the pet"-- good stuff.
Though I play a necro (rather than SK), I love to function as the puller.

While a necro pet is less "disposable" than an SK pet, breaking a camp up (initially) is certainly worth an extra pair of bone chips or two.

In my experience, the safest-yet-slowest approach for splitting mobs/camps is using the darkness snare coupled with FD. It definitely requires some pulling distance and won't work in most dungeons. The counter-intuitive thing about this approach is that we are snaring (ie slowing down) the very mob we're trying to separate from the camp, hence the need for some pulling distance
Old 11-21-2018, 05:32 PM
Kobold

No problem at all, Tethler. Snare pulling has its place, but I think walk-timer pulling is safer, especially in cramped quarters - you don't have to risk having the pack catch you while you're waiting for the snared mob to be far enough away from its spawn before you fd. It has certain disadvantages (+1 mob if your fd fails since nothing's snared, and you can't pick your pull order, you just get whichever mob randomly reset first) but it's a great tool in a puller's arsenal [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread