Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2018, 12:24 PM
Planar Protector

You gotta play the odds. Go to SRo, pick a spot, and hope it spawns on top of you.

(Another reason for TBoots)
Old 11-21-2018, 12:44 PM
Planar Protector

ask for better rules

sorry cant help more
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 11-21-2018, 01:54 PM
Kobold

IMHO...

Make Jboots your number one priority as soon as your are viable to camp it in SoRo. Yes, you will see the asshat farmers, but the AC only spawns in 5 places there. Sooner or later you will get it. (Every attempt is a one-in-five chance it will spawn atop of you.)

I made it my priority asap on my main, and I never, ever regretted it. It has saved me from dying more than I can remember, and is a HUGE time-saver for travelling.

One night after running back from HG farming, I was blowing through SoRo at like 7pm gametime, and me and a level 17 were the only ones in the zone. I thought, "Screw it, I'm just gonna wait the 20 min or so and just see."

Sure enough, not one other person entered the zone, and at 9 game time, AC popped, I ran and killed it and there it was. Now I have J-Boots and an AC ring in a wrist slot, which is cool, as I had a cloth piece previously. And since I am a caster, the +5 INT and a little armor class helps.

I agree with you completely, the farmers ruin it for people that should legitamtly be able to go after it, but it is what it is, and diligence will always eventually pay off.

Just hang in there.

I feel for you, Brother!

"The only difference between the saint and the sinner is that every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future."

--Oscar Wilde
Old 11-21-2018, 01:58 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm pretty sure you can camp Quillmane, but you have to have someone on every spawn point (and I thought there were more than three?). If you and a friend are doing a couple spawn points and someone snags a Quil you generate it's only "frowned upon", but if you've got all the spawn points and someone snags it they're KSing.
This is not actually true about QM, you can wait at spawn points but if someone snags QM when he pops its not KSing and this is straight from the guides(there was a post about it sometime last year.)

Reason being is that QM is not a static spawn. Though if someone does snag in my view its a dick move.

Gummab 60Shaman
Talomin 60Rogue
Cazoo 57Monk
Grummab 54Warrior
Ebroma 52Ranger
Sickbag 20Cleric
Old 11-21-2018, 01:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomacles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
IMHO...

Make Jboots your number one priority as soon as your are viable to camp it in SoRo. Yes, you will see the asshat farmers, but the AC only spawns in 5 places there. Sooner or later you will get it. (Every attempt is a one-in-five chance it will spawn atop of you.)

I made it my priority asap on my main, and I never, ever regretted it. It has saved me from dying more than I can remember, and is a HUGE time-saver for travelling.

One night after running back from HG farming, I was blowing through SoRo at like 7pm gametime, and me and a level 17 were the only ones in the zone. I thought, "Screw it, I'm just gonna wait the 20 min or so and just see."

Sure enough, not one other person entered the zone, and at 9 game time, AC popped, I ran and killed it and there it was. Now I have J-Boots and an AC ring in a wrist slot, which is cool, as I had a cloth piece previously. And since I am a caster, the +5 INT and a little armor class helps.

I agree with you completely, the farmers ruin it for people that should legitamtly be able to go after it, but it is what it is, and diligence will always eventually pay off.

Just hang in there.

I feel for you, Brother!
This is exactly the right approach, not just for AC camp, but for EQ in general. This game is filled with hard/rare things that take time to get, and because they're RNG-based it can feel like you're never going to get them. But if you just keep trying, eventually you will.

Of course, the real solution to all this is to pick the correct class in the first place: Shaman, Druid, Ranger or (if you can tolerate carpal tunnel) Bard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 11-21-2018, 02:15 PM
Planar Protector

Only play a select grouping of classes cause people monopolize content.

Great solution guys
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 11-21-2018, 02:16 PM
Planar Protector

Seeya at 9pm Druins

Quote:
Old 11-21-2018, 02:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaezil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Great solution guys
Since I guess it wasn't obvious, I was not actually suggesting that everyone on P99 should restrict themselves to only playing four classes, simply because JBoots are a pain. I was just joking that a good solution to the problem was to never need JBoots in the first place.

Although I do practice what I "preach": my three highest-level characters are a Shaman, a Druid, and a Ranger ... and (coincidentally?) that's both in order by their level, and by the level that their class got SoW at (9/14/30). I would love to play a Bard but my wrists can't handle it.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 11-21-2018 at 02:49 PM..
Old 11-21-2018, 03:06 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaezil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Great solution guys

I kind if thought that odd as well.

I clearly knew Lor didn't litterlly suggest only rolling 3 classes.

/shrug

"The only difference between the saint and the sinner is that every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future."

--Oscar Wilde
Old 11-21-2018, 03:31 PM
Banned

Quote:

Great solution guys
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread